What is a Celestial?

Celestial beings, or celestial for short, are the most powerful thing in existence. The first celestial was created at the same time as the universe itself. Their existence is based around keeping the universe working, and without a celestial, the universe would not survive. There has only ever been one celestial at a time.

They can take any form they like, whether it's a real thing, or imaginary. They are an alternate source of magic and can perform magic wherever they want, regardless of any magical barriers implemented by other beings. They can reproduce, however, this will create angels, which are sent to Earth to watch over the humans without interfering.

A celestial's natural eye colour is rainbow, however, they can change the colour of their iris when they are around other beings to appear more 'normal'. The lifespan of a celestial varies from centuries to outliving galaxies.

Celestials are born just like everything else, however they are not born with rainbow eyes, nor do they attain them when they turn six. When a celestial is born, they grow up like everyone else, with a normal grade, but an angel is sent to the celestial when the new one is born. They then watch over the celestial until they are of a suitable age to be collected by an angel, to begin the five-year training period before the swap over is complete. The old celestial will then explode into a new galaxy, leaving just a small crystal behind. This crystal is then added to the chamber, where the crystals of past celestials are put. When in need of guidance, the new celestial can seek it here, where the whispers of old will guide the new.