Chapter 1

I'm standing in the back garden shivering but the sky is clear, its mid August and yet i can't stop my body is shacking. Then i hear this voice and remeber i am actually on the phone, it's my solicitor trying to tell me trying to tell me something but i have zoned out.

*so sorry can you repeat that please* i ask the woman on the end of the phone.

*Sure Mrs Weston, we have received a response from Mr Weston, in short he has you over a barrel with regards to the children and who they will reside with. He has stated that you don't get up with the children in the morning to help get them ready for school or take them to school.* She sighs before she continues. *He says that you stay in bed well into the late morning and leave him to attend the children* She pauses and i s=just no this not the worst of her news for me.*He claims that due to your illness he tends to the children's needs on a daily basis.* by thus point my mouth is hung open in shock and fury at the cheek of this man.

*oh okay, none of that is true and i have friends and family to back me up* i am struggling to keep calm and polite. it;s not my solicitors fault that my soon to be ex husband is a liar and a manipulative bastard.

*That is not all Mrs Weston, he has made it very clear if you wish to continue with trying to get custody of the children then he will fight you and will use everything he can to make sure you don't get them.* She sound like she didn't want to say that last part but i guess she has to tell me what my ex has in store for me.

*Mrs Weston it's a lot to take in right now, i will call you back tomorrow to see how you wish to go forward from here. if you have any questions please feel free to call me, okay?*

Im holding back tears as i say thank and i will be in touch if i have any questions. I end the call and just stand there as this news sinks in. I knew Richard was going to fight dirty but i obversely misjudged just how low he was going to go.

I turn around to see Richard standing at the kitchine window with a smug face. Oh how i wish i could wipe it from him but I'm not that kind of person . I hate confrontation at the best of times and he knows it, in our 8 years of marriage i don't think i have stood up to him. I just can't stand up to him, even when i have tried he wangles me into his way of thinking or just gets into my head that his way is the best way.The only way i can explain it is manipulation and because I'm so week and feel so worthless i just go with it just to save a whole load of bother.

I make my way towards the back door of the bungalow to head in side, he meets me at the back door.

*Good phone call?* he asks Stepping aside to let me past.

*No not really but i guess you would no all about it as it was my solicitor phoned to inform me of your intentions* Im so angry and pissed off right now, i am just thankful the kids are out front playing with thair friends, Come on Annya keep it together he is not worth your tears any more. I take a few deep breaths and look at him, yep smug bastard.

*I'm just telling my solicitor how it really is on a daily basis,i can not help it if the truth hurts. You do stay in bed till nearly lunch time most days*

*I do but you forgot to tell them that i do indeed get up with the kids and make sure they have breakfast and get washed and dressed for school. Once they are ready i let you take them to school so i can take my meds and try to deal with the pain. Yes i go back to bed but it;s because i'm in so much pain and had a rough nights sleep* He knows all this and up until i asked for a divorce he was ok with it and even encouraged it most days when it suited him. *I guess you forgot to tell them that bit and the fact i do all the house work, all the cleaning and helping the kids with their homework, while you play on the pc for hours on end knowing i'm struggling and in constant pain* Wow did i just stand up for my self, keep it up Annya you got this.