Chapter 9- Boy Meets His New Boss

I keep staring at the girl in front of me, her beautiful green orbs were squinted, her facial expression showed that she was clearly amused.

"Yes Cory?" She bit her lip, stifling a giggle.

I couldn't believe it.

She figured it out!

I didn't know how to respond. I was found out. My cover had been blown and I hadn't even played my first football game yet. She obviously was going to tell. This was probably her plan the whole time. To figure out who Cinderdude was and then Expose him. Gong through all that work just to gain... Just to gain...

Gain what? What did Toanga have to take from spilling my secret?!

Nothing, the answer was nothing. So why am I still freaking out?

I shake my head, finally realizing the situation wasn't as dire as I thought it was to be.

"How did you know?" I whisper to her, crouching down, trying to hide any implication about what I was asking to anyone who decided to walk by us.

Topanga finally let herself chuckle softly before replying, "I didn't, up until you said my name. Then I knew it was you." She stuck her tongue out teasingly and attempted to take off my helmet. I frowned and grabbed her hands before she had the chance to.

I was about to scold her for this, I was going to tell her that this was none of her business and she should just walk away now before I freak out, but then I realized something.

This was Topanga Lawrence. And I was touching her soft skin, my stern hold was around her tiny, cute, adorable wrists. I blushed furiously, thankful for the concealment of my helmet.

After stuttering to speak any words of the English language for ten seconds, I finally managed to tell her to keep it down before gesturing her to join me in the washroom so we could converse without anyone else hearing us.

She laughed in response, shaking her head. She probably thought I was acting like a complete idiot. Which I was. She rolled her eyes before following me inside, and shutting the door-way too obnoxiously loud for my liking,- and standing beside me.

"Alright weirdo. Off with the helmet." She ordered me, her arms placed at her sides, in a way that made her seem very sassy, a completely different person than the sweet and innocent Topanga I had known previously.

I sighed in defeat and took off my helmet cautiously, still I little scared that someone else would see. As I was bringing it down to my sides I turned my head, searching the room once again for someone else.

Topanga made a grunt of annoyance and stole the helmet away from me, ignoring my cry of protest. "Alright Cory. Explain. Now." She demanded, her stare was upon me, and her eyes wide. Her beautiful smile had now transformed into a straight line, making her seem very intimidating.

This new look for hers was terrifying. I had to obey. But I was already late for practice, coach was going to be angry. I sighed once again. "I need to get to practice before I get pummelled by coach. But I promise I'll explain after, okay?" I spoke, a slight tremble in my voice.

She groaned but nodded, accepting my request. "Fine. But you meet me at you locker right after. Understood?" She ordered, before handing me my helmet back.

I nodded, placing the helmet back onto my head. "Understood." I replied dully. I didn't know what else to say, so I zoomed out of the washroom and into the hallway. As I was running, I heard her cry out.

"I own you now Cory Matthews!"

The only thought that ran through my mind at that moment was,

"Oh crap."

------------------------------------------------------------------

There! I uploaded! Again, sorry for the wait. But I am posting another chapter right after this. So enjoy.

-Michelle :)