Chapter 10- Boys Meets His First Practice

Once I finally made my way to the field, the rest of the team was already practicing drills. I cursed under my breath, searching for my friend. Once I spotted Shawn passing a football back and forth with my step-brother Eric. I sprinted towards them, skidding to a stop beside my friend.

Once he noticed, he raised a hand to Eric signalling for him not to pass the ball back, and looked to me, a stern look plastered on his face. "Where the heck have you been?!" He said, being careful not to draw any attention from anyone else practicing.

"What'd I miss?" I responded, ignoring his question. He was about to start pestering me, but I gave him a look, practically saying 'I'll explain later.'

Man, I have a a lot of stuff to explain after practice.

All of a sudden, a familiar voice interrupted us. "Nothing much, everyone's just doing a drill for coach again to see what we gotta work on." I heard Eric explain.

I clear my throat, and turn around to face him, replying with a deep voice, not wanting him to recognize me. "Yes, of course." I say suspiciously. "Thank you good man." I cough awkwardly and hit Eric lightly on the shoulder.

I can see Shawn face palm from the corner of my eye, and Eric cocking an eyebrow at my response, clearly confused. "No worries man. You okay?" He asked.

Again, I was interrupted by another voice, this one belonged to the coach.

"Hey, Cinderdude. So happy you could take the time out of your busy schedule to join us." He said to me dryly.

I wince slightly, and move my gaze to his. "I'm sorry coach.. It'll never happen again."

He scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest. "It better. I have a team to coach here. And you taking you precious little time to beautify yourself before practice doesn't help."

I nod and look down, ashamed of my actions. "Right."

"You're up soldier." The coach said before returning to the line up of obstacles for the drill.

I nod, and hear Shawn muttering a 'good luck' before following him.

'Nice one Cory.' I say to myself, getting ready to begin the drill.

I faintly hear the coach counting down from three, and the click of the stopwatch before sprinting down the obstacle course. The adrenaline pumping through my veins, feeling the wind blowing in my direction, a single drop of sweat fell down from my forehead as I hear the cheers of the others as I rush through the drill.

Man, this was amazing.

--------------------------------------------

There! Finito. Will upload ASAP.

-Michelle :)