06 | C H A P T E R

I fiddled with my fingers as I continued to follow Isac out of the school's double doors, leading out to the main courtyard.

He led me toward the empty benches on the side of the school's walls. As we sat down, on two different benches,  I could still feel the soreness of my abdomen. The pain wasn't as bad as the other day, but it still had a throbbing sensation, making itself known.

We sat down in silence until Isac decided to break it.

"So."

"You're the one who wanted to talk, so talk."

He looked up at me, locking our gaze, "Are you okay?"

I narrowed me eyes at him, "Seriously? Am I okay?" I scoff at him.

He sat up straighter, "Look, I know that it's a very basic question. I know that I could probably do better if I tried. All I want to do is get to the point and find out the matter. Why you do," he paused, before pointing in the direction of my abdomen, "that. I know I barely know you, you barely know me, but I want to help. I actually care."

After his long spill, I couldn't hold eye contact anymore, causing me to look toward the ground, "You don't understand. You won't understand."

He stood up, walking over and sitting beside me, pulling up his jacket sleeve. It was barely there, you wouldn't see it if you weren't looking, but I could make out faint white scars on his arm, "I wouldn't understand, huh? Why do you think I moved here. I went through a year of rehab before they relocated me. I wouldn't have gotten better unless I asked for help. So, when you say I wouldn't understand, the real question is, do I know more than you?"

I fiddle with my hands before making eye contact. He placed his hand on my chin carefully, "What's going on in that head of your's, Mary Small?"

I take his hand from my chin and stand up. I start walking away, leaving him staring after me.

Before I get out of earshot, I look over my shoulder at him, "If you really do 'care' and not just looking for a story to get a kick out of, then meet me by car after school. Ill take you to the place it all began."

After so many years of keeping it bottled up, I will finally share.

The things in my box will be out in the open.

The question is.

Will it be for the better... or the worse?

_______________________________________

A/N

Feel free to send in cover ideas!

Vote, comment, share!