11 | C H A P T E R

I always wondered what death would feel like.

I still wonder now as I stare up at the white ceiling of a hospital room.

I could hear the voices of the people in the room; they haven't noticed I woke up. Finally, making my presence known, I let out a groan.

As soon as the sound register to them, they rush to my bed side, giving me the view of them so I know who has been with me.

I see the face of Issac and a face I don't recognize.

That face belonging to a girl with tanned skin and long, black hair.

"How long have I been here?"

"About a week. Amy witnessed what happened and immediately found and told me. We tried to find you,went to your house and... that's where we found you," Isac explains.

I remember the girl now. I remember seeing her saddened eyes during the humiliation. Too bad she didn't try to help then.

I try to sit up but I'm instantly pushed back down by Isac.

"Don't try to strain yourself," he chastises.

I glare his way, "Why care about me now. Where were you when I needed you."

"Mary, c'mon. Although I wish I could, I can't be there with you 24/7," he pleaded with me.

"As soon as I told him, he rushed to see you so don't him a hard time," Amy defended him.

"Does my family know?"

Isac nodded, "Your parents we're home when we found you. They probably told your sister."

I nodded, laying my head on my pillow as the room grew silent.

"I'll let you two have some space," Amy said before leaving the silent again room.

Isac was the first to break the silence, "Why'd you do it, Mary?"

He grabbed my hand into his own, holding onto it tightly.

"You know I am here for you, Mary."

I took a deep breath before speaking, "It was horrible Isac. All the judgmental stares. All the laughing. It was too much. I didn't have you there to cry on. It was crushing. I went to drastic measures. I'm sorry."

"Don't scare me like that again. When I saw you on that bathroom floor, not moving, your eyes void of life, it was as if everything crashed down around me. It felt as if there was no light in the world. Don't leave me," as Isac spoke, I felt a wet tear land on my hand from where he was hovering.

It was in that moment that I realized I was loved.

I was cared for.

I wasn't meant to be dead; no one was meant to be dead.

We all have a life.

Yeah, it could be sucky at times but the feeling you get when you push past all the darkness and reach the light. Heck, that's a while lot better.

Right here, right now. That was my light.

My story may have started out horrible, but it isn't over.

My journey isn't done yet.

_______________________________________

A/N

Feel free to send in cover ideas!

Vote, comment, share!