5

He stared at her in wonder as she walked towards him. If he thought that she was beautiful before, she was breathtaking now. She was only wearing a simple red kimono. Her hair down with no makeup and accessories at all but she's truly gorgeous.

He stood up in concern when he saw her winched. "Are you alright?"

She nodded, rubbing her head. "Just a minor headache. No need to worry. Let's go."

"Where?"

"Back to the village. Yu'er is most likely looking for me."

"It's still dark." He countered. She smiled, taking his hand. "You'll be by my side to protect me aren't you?"

He sighed, intertwining their fingers together. Yan Da smiled wider at that. The warmth of his hand comforted her. The two then left the cave.

Sometime later...

"Yan Zhu!" The general quickly hugged Yan Da upon sighting her. The other returned it eagerly. "I was so worried. I thought they..." She said.

"I'm fine." Yan Da stated letting her go. Yu'er gave her a once over, making sure that she was indeed okay.

"Good or I'll make those pesky men's death more painful and slower." She said, eyes going to Shi. "And who's this?"

"This is Yun Fei." Yan Da answered, lacing her hand again with him.

"Your?" Yu'er prodded, eyes glinted in amusement when Yan Da rolled her eyes playfully.

"My husband."

The general laughed. "I see. I'll leave you two then." She told the other, turning around. "but Yan Zhu... I'll need details when we see each other next time."

Yan Da just grinned, watching her friend walk away with her troop. She then tugged Shi's hand towards the beach. A few meters away from there. He let her. He admits. Her enthusiasm was refreshing.

~Time skip~

Yan Da playfully ran towards the waters. Shi stayed behind watching her in amusement. He then settled himself on a log near the beach, keeping his eyes on her, making sure that she's safe.

When she got tired, she sat down beside him. "Let's wait for the sun to rise." She then told him, yawning. He chuckled, pulling her close to him. He decided to follow his instincts since he's new to this.

"How about you take a nap first?" he stated, putting the stray hairs behind her ears. "I'll wake you up later. We still have an hour before the sunrise." She nodded, putting her head on his shoulder. Two minutes later and she was fast asleep.

Shi kept still. Not wanting to disturb her. He frowned when he felt her shiver. Humans need warmth or else they'd get sick. He remembered his brother told him. Gently, he shifted, leaning on the rock behind him making more space in front. He then moved Yan Da so she was sitting on his lap. Her head on his chest. He then wrapped his arms around her.

He smiled, feeling her shivers stopped. He even heard her sigh in contentment. He held her closer. He looked at the dark sky. They only met a few hours ago but why does he feel this way? Like it was right to be by her side... like he belonged there.

He looked down, watching her sleeping face. Slowly, he lean forward, kissing her softly on the lips.