6

Yan Da happily twirled around, feeling the warm brought by the ray of sunshine on her skin.

"You really love the sun, huh?" Shi commented.

"Of course. Look," she pointed at the sky. "It creates a very beautiful picture don't you think?"

Shi hummed in agreement. The different lights and color painting the sky right in that moment was indeed beautiful. In the Ice palace, it was rare to see an enchanting sight. Maybe, it was because he always overslept?

"Yan Zhu," he then called out.

"Hm?"

"What do you want to do after this?"

"Uh..." Yan Da paused. She didn't really plan on anything. Then she remembered... "Ah, it's harvest time. I'm sure they'll be lots of fruits later in the market."

"Then we'll go there later." He said like her he didn't plan anything. The two played on the beach for an hour then they went to the market. It was still early but it was already full of people.

"Yan Zhu!" one vendor happily called out.

"Aunt Lily! "Yan Da happily answered back. Once when she was strolling in the forest, she met the old woman. She was stuck under a rock. She was barely breathing but Yan Da managed to heal her with her energy.

Lily knew who she was but promised to kept it as a secret. Now, whenever the fire princess was around. There was always a basket of fruits waiting for her.

"You are here early."

Yan Da smiled, hugging her. "I was bored and I really missed you."

The old lady laughed. "Aigoo, you're flattering me again." She then got the basket full of fruits, presenting it to Yan Da. The fire princess gaped. The fruits were bigger than usual and looked really tasty. "Auntie... are you sure you'll give this to me? You'd make a lot if you sell this instead."

Lily shook her head. "No, I especially picked this for you. I know how rare for you to have this kind of things. Besides, who said that the ones I'm selling weren't as big and tasty as this. You, silly girl."

Yan Da grinned. "Thank you! You're really the best auntie! Ah, I want you to meet someone." She then pulled Shi beside her.

"Aiya, such a good-looking young man."

"Isn't he?" Yan Da said.

"Ni hao." Shi said, smiling. "I'm Yun Fei. Yan Zhu's husband."

Lily returned the greeting, smiling happily. "I'm glad that Yan Zhu finally found someone to stay by her side. Young man, you better take care of her. She's a treasure. A very rare one."

Shi chuckled. " I will." He said, meeting Yan Da's gaze.

The two then chatted with Lily for a while before bidding her good bye.

After that the two spent the whole day exploring. Both were happy but as time passed by their hearts were getting heavier and heavier knowing that the day... was slowly ending.