Red street

As they crawled through the broken window that was their entryway earlier, Hana looked at her phone.

"Oh! It's already 3:10 am!" she exclaimed.

"Four more hours through this hell...we're going to die" Yoongi commented.

"Ya! Stop it!" Hana hissed.

"Ok fine. Then we'll just kill everyone that's on our path to go to the amusement park" Yoongi proposed unbothered.

Hana gasped and hit his shoulder. "You're losing to much blood, it's getting you dumb! We don't kill" Hana affirmed.

"Says who just caused a guy to fall off a window and stabbed one in the face repeatedly when this all started" Yoongi added knowing she wasn't proud of it.

"Shhh... no one saw it was me" Hana played along.

"But I did. Are you going to kill me as well?-" "Yoongi!" Hana groaned. Her gaze was throwing arrows towards Yoongi who was containing his laugh.

"We don't participate to the Purge. I don't like the Purge. I think it's stupid" the girl added and Yoongi nodded loosely while puckering his lips. Some laughed echoing in the dark street caught Yoongi's attention.

"But I'm not sure about them. Come on!" Yoongi urged and they both sneaked out of the school's campus.

3:27 am

The sound of a bottle of glass surprised the two friends wandering around the street where the commune garbage bins were on fire and some bodies, burned or slaughtered, were lying down in blood puddles.

Hana gripped onto Yoongi's shoulders to hide behind him in reflex, but the boy automatically removed her hands in pain due to his wound.

"What was that?" Hana panicked.

Both of them looked behind. Even though it was hard to see anything further in the back of the street since it was very dark because of the fire that was closer to them, Hana and Yoongi had the presentiment that they were observed.

"Let's go...faster" Yoongi said before continuing their way.

Suddenly, Hana was pulled in the back and thrown on the ground.

Yoongi's eyes widened as he turned around, almost having a heart attack.

"Leave her alone" Yoongi shouted to the woman that hurt Hana. He immediately ran and jumped on her back.

The mysterious woman gripped on the boy's arm and swung him over while yelling. Her voice was like an angry ghost; grating and loud.

Yoongi hit his back on the hard ground. He opened his eyes and saw her. Her long and black hair were hiding her identity, but when she straightened her back, Yoongi could finally see her face. Horrible.

The woman had lost an eye. Her cheek was covered in blood. The other eye was red. It was also blood. Her pupil was dilated to its maximum, giving her a crazy look. Her bottom lip was busted open and blood was sliding down from her hair root.

She scared Yoongi as she screamed again while coming at him. The boy punched her in the face. He then rolled on the side and got back up.

Hana stayed behind him as the woman turned her head slowly towards them.

She ran in their direction and punched Yoongi at her turn. This one didn't felt though, he threw his fist back at her, but she blocked it before kicking his thigh. Yoongi felt on his knee.

The scary woman was going to hit Yoongi's face again, but her hand got stopped. She looked up to meet Hana's gaze. The young girl was scared, but couldn't let her friend get beat up to death.

With no time to react, Hana got slapped across the cheek, causing her to fell on the ground.

The woman contoured the boy to grab Hana hair. She pulled on it with such a strength that Hana thought that she was going to get scalped; or just that the top of her head was going to rip off.

Yoongi managed to got up and finally reached out his gun. He pointed it towards to woman's head and without any hesitation, Yoongi pulled the trigger.

As the body of the strange woman felt on the ground, the looseness threw Hana in the front.

Yoongi helped his friend to get up. He softly pulled out a piece of hair that was stuck on her lips and placed it behind her ear. He then rubbed his hand on the top of her head, dishevelling her hair more than it was before.

Hana chuckled a bit while removing his hand and fixing her hair. It was only when a familiar voice broke the moment that their fear grew back of their faces.

"Ahhh! Hana...Yoongi... I finally found you..." It was a boy standing under a flickering streetlight. His hair were dark and his bangs were hiding his gaze. They could only see his creepy grin.

"Dosoung..." Hana muttered as she kept her eyes on him.

"Didn't you had enough at school the other day?!" Yoongi shouted. His voice indicated that he was irritated to see this boy out there on the Purge's night.

Dosoung cackled at his way to quickly flare up. "This-this was simply an appetizer" he exclaimed with a smug smirk.

In a second, Dosoung raised his gun towards Hana. Yoongi reacted as fast as the light speed. He shot him.

Two gunshots rang in the dark and grim street.

The corps of Dosoung collapsed on the ground. A single trail of dark blood slid down from the wound located in the middle of his forehead down to the side of his head. Dosoung was dead.

Yoongi took a breath, like he stopped breathing for a minute. His heart was racing, realizing that he just killed one of the students attending the same school as him. A person that he was seeing every day. A young man.

Yoongi's eyes were round and wide opened. But something was bothering him. Yoongi slowly turned around to look at his friend. From that moment of realization, everything felt like in slow motion.

Hana's eyes filled up with water as she was almost suffocating from the shock. She felt something humid sliding down her forehead and it dripped on the side of her face. Everything around became blurry and the sounds were all faded. She could hear Yoongi calling her name, but it was like she wasn't there. Slowly, the girl closed her eyes and collapsed on the cold ground. And there was still Yoongi's voice resonating in the total blackout until it disappeared completely.