Juliet's Honesty

"Hey!" 

"Hey!" 

Aiden waves as I come close to the gate in front of my building, separating the two of us. 

"You wanted to see me?" I lean against the fence and he does the same. 

"I was out for a run and thought I'd stop by to say hello," He smiles and I lean over the fence until I was as close to him as I could get. 

"You just love seeing me, admit it," I wink and he looks down embarrassed. 

"No, I-I don't know what you're talking about. You're my friend, of course, I want to see you. But you're so busy..." He shyly digs the toe of his sneaker into the grass as he speaks. 

"Mhm, yeah okay," I go to turn around to pretend to walk back to my building. 

"FINE! I love seeing you." He confesses and I turn back to him. Knowing fully well even if he didn't confess, I could never leave him alone on my own will.

 "It's okay," I reach out and 'accidentally' place my hands over his.

 "I love seeing you too," I smile and his eyes meet mine.

 For a second we stand there with his small cold hands in mine.

 If this fence wasn't here I don't think I could hold myself back as his friend. 

He slowly pulls his hands away from mine as if he can read my mind and puts them in his pockets. I can feel my smile fade and now I was the embarrassed fool. 

Ah, he doesn't feel the same, oh how such an unrequited love pains my very soul. He blushes as he clears his throat and awkwardly backs away from me.

 "Well I'll let you go back then, I'm sorry to bother you," He says as he turns to walk away. 

"Aiden!" 

He turns his head in curiosity.

 "Meet me here at five?" I ask, knowing if he makes an excuse we really are just friends. But if he comes I might have my chance at something more. 

We had been playing these small games for three months and this beautiful man had me on my toes.

 "Sure,"

 He shrugs and keeps running. I let out a sigh of relief, before heading back.