Act III

"Aiden?"

"Aiden?"

 I walk into our apartment only to be smacked in the face with the smell of wet paint still taking its time drying on the walls. I quietly close the door behind me, taking cautious footsteps on the covered hardwood floor. Rolling my small suitcase behind me, coming back after spending the past week Italy with Justin.

 "Aiden!"

 I call through our large apartment covered in boxes. I wish I could have been here to help him move but the company took priority.

 I lay my suitcase down to the side and continue walking through our abode, past the drawing room and into the living room where I find my gentle sweetheart

 I lay my suitcase down to the side and continue walking through our abode, past the drawing room and into the living room where I find my gentle sweetheart. I lean against the archway and find him with earbuds in, dancing in small turns to the secret melody of piano music he loves so much. I find it dreadfully dull but he enjoys it so naturally, I've come to love it too.

 Anything that can make Aiden happy finds a place in my heart considering the quantity of turmoil he's had to face. He picks up the paintbrush and continues painting the walls from a hideous shade of peach to a navy blue. 

I quietly sneak up behind him, almost phantom-like in my skills as I'm able to stay out of his sight until I can finally grab him in my arms. 

"TAE!" 

He screams as I pick him up and I can feel the wet paint drip onto my arms. He laughs as he turns around and kisses me so hard, one would think I had dropped off the face of the earth for a year. 

"Sweetheart, I haven't been gone that long," I jest as he breaks away

"My apologies, I can barely withstand a few hours without you, nevermind forgoing a week," He mutters in gentle breaths and I look into my husband's eyes.

 Such sweet sentiments held in those beautiful glowing orbs filled with such a loving gaze. But in those eyes was slight glimmer I tried to avoid. The redness of the tip of his nose and the slight puffiness of his eyes told me all I needed to know. 

Minute details that could go unseen by the world but I had traced each cheek with rows of kisses numerous times and found myself staring at his profound beauty for far longer than I should. I know my sweet and gentle Aiden, from the inside out, knowing when something was wrong is easy, it was what that I had trouble with.

 "I was suffering without you sweetheart. I'm afraid Justin might had found me quite annoying with my consistent conversations with you. But whatever is the matter, my love?" I ask and he looks down, quietly placing his paintbrush down at his side. 

"Oh honey, there's paint on your suit!" He tosses the brush down on the covered ground to lift my arm to examine it. I gently place my free hand over his and intertwine my fingers. 

"It's just a suit, I have plenty more. But you are not just any husband and there is only one Aiden Grayson," I say and he blushes slightly.

 "If I'm not just any husband what am I then?" he asks with a shy smile coming back. 

"You are my husband, my soulmate, my kindred spirit and I'm afraid something has upset you because your heart is connected to mine by ties so strong I feel as though they're just tangible," I explain, with a soft yet tender kiss.

 "My father was here earlier. I nearly had a heart attack because I wasn't sure when you would arrive. He had few kind words once he discovered who my roommate was," He sighs and I gently caress his cheek. I pull him closer to me bringing him into a tight embrace.

 "Oh my love, I'm so sorry for the situation I've put you in," I murmur into his ear and he suddenly jets back. 

"No! Don't you apologize to me ever again! This past year has been nothing but pure bliss and I regret nothing. I've never been this happy in my life since I found you." he professes through gritted teeth and for some reason the confession makes my heart skip a beat as I swoop him up in my arms. 

"Tae-ah!"