Juliet's Seal of Approval

I awaken to the bright lights of the sun rising in my eyes and a heavy weight bearing down on my chest

I awaken to the bright lights of the sun rising in my eyes and a heavy weight bearing down on my chest. Confused I look down to see Aiden had curled up to me with his head on my chest, his hands gripping my shirt, and his legs intertwined with mine. He was like an adorable kitten and I was scared the lightest movement might wake him up.

 I lay my head back and stare at the blank ceiling.

 Looking down again in a state of blissful disbelief. I try to think of when I fell asleep, but as I do the memories of all that happened come to play as if they were a hazy dream. 

This can't be reality, it's too perfect, this can't be. With my perpetual loneliness eliminated within the span of a single night, I couldn't help by run my fingers through his soft, silky brown hair.

 Love is such a strange feeling filled with odd inclinations I can only assume to be right considering I've never performed them before. 

Why do these nervous bubbles of anxiety and defensive passions suddenly consume me? 

I had heard of these things happening before but not like this.

In my large family there were plenty of love stories and first chance encounters to listen to and learn, soulmates or not but nothing like this has happened. My parents had met in high school but my father was selfish and gone through multiple people. Not noticing my papa until he was beaten and pinned to a boulder by him. My uncles also had a beautiful love story but everyone usually met as teenagers or adults. 

I knew who my soulmate was when I was five years old and this shy little boy walked into my classroom, the moment I laid eyes on him I knew. 

And just thinking of the moment I realized he had moved...It pains me just thinking about it.

But then I remember last night and gently scoot my way out of Aiden's arms. 

Thankfully he was a heavy sleeper and continues his peaceful sleep while I check my phone to see it was seven in the morning. Like a ninja, I quietly make my way off the bed and tiptoe to the small balcony of the kitchen.

 Like a ninja, I quietly make my way off the bed and tiptoe to the small balcony of the kitchen