Juliet's Fragile Soul

Aiden makes a weak attempt to get away from me, but after being both heartsick from the nature of my feelings towards this innocent angel standing before me and exhausted from the run, I forcefully grab his twig-like arms and yank him towards me a...

Aiden makes a weak attempt to get away from me, but after being both heartsick from the nature of my feelings towards this innocent angel standing before me and exhausted from the run, I forcefully grab his twig-like arms and yank him towards me against his will. 

But once his small body is wrapped tightly in my warm embrace, he submits to my touch and relinquishes the fight he had put up earlier.

 Crying into my chest, for he was too short to reach my shoulder, his hands cup his face as I rested my chin on the top of his soft fluffy hair. Holding him tight enough to share my love and support but reminding myself not to suffocate my poor soulmate.

After few minutes he stops crying and just shivers with the cold. He pulls away from me and assumes his shy position. 

"Tae-ah my father knows everyone and everyone knows him. So we can't really be together like this in public," he explains while kicking a small pebble on the bridge. 

"Then you really are like the Aiden in our love story," I take off my warm jacket and quickly drape it around his shoulders, he looks up at me with those beautiful brown eyes, slightly swollen from crying. He giggles as he pulls the jacket close to his shoulders.

 "You were running so passionately my love, you forgot to take your jacket. Allow me to at least walk you home," I tell him and he purses his small lips into a smile.

 "You're such a gentleman, I feel like I should curtsy before accepting," he jests and I roll my eyes before starting the walk without him. 

"You do know you're going in the wrong direction right!" He calls out and I turn on my heel. 

"I knew that!"

He walks beside me as we make our way back to his apartment, I asked him if he wanted to take the metro but instead, he insisted on the twenty-minute walk. 

"I guess you accomplished your dream," Aiden says as he zips up the jacket for extra warmth. 

"Which one?" I ask as I watch him. The jacket was two sizes too big for him, the sleeves draped and he flaps them a little bit before cutely bringing his hands up to cover his shy smile. I swear my heart skipped three beats. 

"The one where you said you wanted to talk like the people in the tragedy of Taehyung Jin & Aiden I read the book again you know, in high school. Except it was Romeo and Juliet. The words you couldn't read in English," he giggles and nudges me gently. 

"Mhm...my dearest Juliet, I learned how to read English as a toddler," I confess. He stops in his tracks and narrows his eyes.

 "You knew that wasn't our names?" He asks and I try to hide my knowing smile. 

"Taehyung Jin!" He playfully hits me as I try to hide from him. 

"What?! I was a very flirtatious child alright, I couldn't help it!" I laugh but suddenly turn to face him and hold his arms. His infectious smile was enough to light up all of Paris. 

"Did you flirt with everyone?" He asks and I let go of him, biting the edge of my lip to hold back. I wanted to kiss him right then and there but I knew I couldn't.
Oh alas, how unfair a secret love is. 

"Just you, but you always said I was weird when I did it. Good weird but no individual wants to be called a weirdo when they're trying to express their natural affections!" I point out and he breaks out into a fit of laughter. 

"I called you a weirdo because whenever you did it you gave me this weird feeling in my chest which I was too young to name." He admits, piecing together the growth of our love in the innocence of childhood. 

"You gave me the same feeling, where I felt like I had hundreds of butterflies piercing through me, it's why I taught you that song,"

We continue walking and for a few moments he stays quiet. 

"I still remember that song. I use to sing it to myself on the days when I really missed you. I would crawl up to the roof of our apartment and try to see the stars, because I thought of the time we were together, secluded on our little hill in the woods...It sounds stupid I know but...I felt like I was connected to you because although you were still in Bridgeport and I was here, a whole different time zone away. I knew you were still under the same moon," 

He wipes a small tear from his eye and I stop. Pulling him into the darkness of the street and out of the holo lamps. His breath quickens as he stands against the wall. 

"What's wrong?"

He asks and after double checking to make sure no one was there I tug on the sleeve of my long sleeve shirt and gently dab the tears from his eyes. 

"I'm sorry, I know my crying must upset you but I'm not sad I mean I was then but..." I raise a single finger to his lips.

 "Stop...you never should have been alone, to begin with. I should have been there but there were other factors at play, I'm sorry Aiden. I'm sorry for not being there earlier but...god...your loneliness hurts me so much," I gulp down the pain building in my throat as I lean over him, nuzzing my head on his shoulder as he wraps his arms around me. 

"I'm not alone anymore,"

*******

The song that they're talking about is Butterfly by BTS