Chapter 40: Stay

Sometimes in life you need to accept that there is something in this world that you can't get. But in accepting this you are also sacrificing, sacrificing your own happiness just to accept the truth.

Sometimes there is someone who can see your sacrfices but they choose to be blind. Pretending that they didn't see your sacrifices. But sometimes in this world there is someone who's blind but they can feel your sacrifices. Even they are blind they can see your importance. They can feel how you sacrifice and you love.

Glacier's P.O.V

I closed the book that I'm reading. I already done reading the book up to the end of the story. I lean my head to her shoulder while she is sitting on her hospital bed.

"Are you okay?" I ask to her. She put her hands on my right face. And she caress my face slowly. I put my arm on her stomach and hug her tight. Today is Crystal's operation for her eyes. She choosed to have her surgery here in Madrid.

I hug her tightly and kiss her shoulder that I'm leaning on. This girl beside me has so many sacrifices. She sacrificed everything just to find our serenity in our heart. And I will make sure her sacrifes will not be wasted.

"Glacier." She called my name. Nilingon ko siya at nakita ko na naman ang inosente niyang mukha. Na sa kabila ng inosente niyang mukha ay may nakatagong mga sakripisyong ginawa niya. I wish I can always see this innocent face of her.

"We have a new enemy. Worst that death." Saad niya, enemy? Worst than death? What does she mean? Death will always be our enemy hanggang sa huli naming hininga.

"What do you mean?---" natigilan ako ng bigkasin niya ang isang salita na nagpakaba sakin.

"Fate." I don't know but my heart is pounding so fast. She's right fate is our worst enemy.

"Fate is our new enemy. If one of us will give in to death. Fate will be the one to decide if we will still have to live." Iniharap ko siya sakin at hinawakan ang magkabilang pisngi niya.

"No Crystal. Even fate will tear us appart. I promise I will always love you. And I will always stay with you." I said and kiss her forehead. This girl is always be mine only. And I will fight for her.

I drink my coffee while waiting at the outside of operating room. Inu-operahan si Crystal para sa panibago niyang mata. And I'm so nervous that the operation will not be successful.

I want her eyes back. Gusto kong makita niya ako muli. I want her to see how much I love her. Gusto ko makita niya kong gaano siya ka importante at kahalaga para sa kanya. I don't want her to just feel my love, I want her to see it and feel it.

Isinandig ko ang ulo ko sa dingding. Gusto ng pumikit ng mata ko pero pinipilit kong wag itong ipikit at panatilihing gising at hintayin na matapos ang operasiyon. I will wait until she can see me again.

Naalimpungatan ako ng may tumapik sa ulo ko habang nakahilig ang ulo ko sa hospital bed. Nai-angat ko ang ulo ko at mukhang gising na siya.

Matapos ang operasiyon ay idineritso na agad siya sa kwarto niya. The operation was successfully done. And the good news about this is she can have her eyes back.

"Your awake. Are you okay? Do you feel something?" Tanong ko sa kanya. Napa ngiti naman siya at inilahad nito ang isa niyang kamay, nagpapahiwatig na gusto nitong hawakan ang kamay ko. I give my hand to her and she hold it tightly.

"As my vision back. You are the first one I want to see." Saad nito at ngumiti. I kiss her hand holding my hand too. Ngumiti ako sa kanya kahit di niya nakikita.