Chapter 44

This is being uploaded today just for you Aim!

Go follow her! Amypalmer100

Ellington's POV

It's been a few days since I've heard from Rydel. I went round the other day, but nobody was in. Plus the key wasnt under the mat. I was getting so worried, but no one would pick up their phones either. I just sat at home alone. It was so quiet, because none of us knew what to do with ourselves. My parents went to work when necessary, but I just stayed in my room.

I sit on my bed, playing Temple Run, when Luma comes and jumps beside me, laying down. I decide to put my phone down, and pet him. He knows when I'm not myself, and will always give me cuddles if he thinks I need them. My phone flashes, saying I have a twitter alert.

@rikerR5: Fuck you cancer

As soon as I saw it, I unlock my phone and call him. I let out a sigh of relief when he answers.

'Hello?' -R

'Hey! Where are you?'-E

'At the hospital'-R

'Why? What's cancer done?'-E

'Well, they think Mom could have it, and have predictively diagnosed her for now'-R

'You're at the hospital?'-E

'Yeah'-R

'Im on my way'-E

'I'll meet you in reception'-R

I jump up, grabbing my coat.

'Luma, I'll be back in a bit, okay?' I said. He barked, getting up, and moving over to my pillow. I run down to my car, and floor it to the hospital. It always takes ages to park, so when I did, I ran into reception. As soon as I saw Riker, I went over to him. I hugged him, knowing it can't be easy. I do know that if they do confirm it, Stormie will have it removed straight away though. Riker leads me up to the waiting room outside the ward, and as soon as I see Rydel, I run up to her and wrap her in my arms.

'Hey' I whispered into her hair.

'Hey. Sorry I didn't call, my phone died' she said 'I'm just so worried, I can't keep my mind straight'

'I understand. Dont worry. I was just worried about you' I told her.

'They'll find out today if its cancer or not' she told me. I nod, and pull her to a chair, sitting her on my lap. She leans back, sighing. It can't be easy for any of them right now. The boys were nowhere to be seen, so I'm presuming they're visiting Stormie. Riker went back downstairs towards reception.

'I need to take my mind off it, but I just can't' she told me.

'Shall we color?' I laughed. She nodded, standing up. We walked down to reception, hand in hand. She held it really tight all the way down there, like tighter than she normally does. When we reached the little shop, I just stopped.

'She'll have it removed if she has it. You know that Del' I told her.

'Why does cancer have to exist?' She moaned, and broke into tears. I wrapped my arms round her back, pulling her to me. She cried into my shoulder, holding onto my arms tightly. I took her hand, leading her outside for a while to get some fresh air. She jumped into my arms, crying really bad, so I grabbed her thighs, holding them up. She wrapped her arms around my neck tight, crying into my neck now.

'She'll get rid of it. We don't know if she has it for sure yet' I told her. We hung outside for 15 or so minutes, until we had texts of Riker.

They say she has it, but Mom said she wants to get rid of it. They'll have her back in when its easy enough to take outx

'Is that a good thing or a bad thing?' Rydel whispered.

'Little bit of both I think princess, but just think positive' I told her.

Can we go back to mine for us to clear Dels head?

I text Riker. He replied saying 'Yea', so we went to find my car and got in. It was a quiet cardrive but I dont really think we needed any talking. I did put the radio on, but it wasnt doing anything so I turned it off.

'It's gonna be okay' I told Del, placing my hand on hers, steering with the other.