Chapter 66

'Yeah, I know. You still love me and don't wanna just be friends. Neither do I! But Ellington, I know the side effects of cancer, and Mom still has them. As soon as we get back off tour, she'll probably have to go back in to hospital, then who knows what will happen? I just wanna spend as much time with her as I can. Please,' I sighed. The truth in the matter is, I knew he was gonna say he loves me and doesn't want to be friends. We can read each other's minds when it comes to anything like that.

'After tour, sure. We'll get back together, but I just want Mommy Daughter time'

We were still staring into each other's eyes, but it'd probably wreck the moment if I looked away.

'Who's ready to go?' Riker shouted, as the door swung open, knocking Ellingtons crutches down.

'Me,' I sighed, standing up, 'Aaand my leg is dead'

'You want me to carry you?' Ellington offered. I just shook my head and limped to Riker, grabbing my purse on the way. It's not that I wanted to keep distance - I just had to. Riker lifted my arm, putting it around his shoulders, and he did the same to me. We have a picture of us when we were little doing the same thing. When all our lives were perfectly fine, and we were overly happy kids. The only scars we'd get were only from falling over, or from when Rocky tried beating me to the top of the tree and fell, causing his head to bleed.. whoops?

Okay, I'm not even sure what happened with the last 2 chapters, as half of it deleted and then came back, so I've had to add a few things to make it make sense, but I'm not even sure if it will.. Really sorry guys.

'Come on Del,' Riker said, as Ellington walked into the bus. I could tell everyone was staring at the bus, wondering what the heck it was doing at a hospital.

'Rydel!' Ryland shouted, making Rocky and Mom walk in. Before I had a chance to go to Mom, Rocky had already had me engulfed in a hug.

'Are you okay?' he asked, letting go.

'Yeah, I'm fine,' I smiled. He looked around, and whispered, 'Are you back with Ellington then?'

'Nu uh. Well we were for last night, but I told him I wanna be friends for mmm's sake,' I said, walking to Mom. As soon as I reached her, I tightly wrapped my arms around her.

'What's up sweet?' She asked, brushing my hair with her fingers.

'Nothing, I just want hugs,' I giggled, trying to hide the disappointment that was still there about the break up. Obviously I wanted to be with him all the time, but he's gonna be there for the rest of my life. I'll always have him. Maybe a break won't even be that bad.

'Are you gonna stay here, or go find where Ellington went?' She asked, looking up at me.

'I'll stay with you,' I told her, as she sat beside Ryland. I sat down next to her, then Riker sat next to me, putting his arm round me.

I rested my head on his shoulder, as he looked down on me, 'Is everything alright? You really don't seem yourself'

'I'm okay,' I told him.

'Rydel?' Mom said. God!

'I'm fine!' I smiled. I don't know if it was a 'shut up bugging me' smile, or a 'Yes, i am!' moody, smile.

'Hi Delly,' Ross said, kinda smiling as he walked in. I could tell he wasn't himself still, and I hate to think it was because of me.

'Come here,' I said, getting out from under Riker's arm, standing. As soon as I opened my arms he walked into them.

'I'm sorry,' he whispered. I feel sorry for him. I know how it feels to want to be with the one you love, but you can't. Obviously they're different reasons, but it still stinks.