meeting.

•shepards pov•

Suddenly a siren rang out through the tardis causing Sherly to clamp her hands over her sensitive ears. I'd forgotten her species had superior hearing. quickly jumping for two of the many strings hanging from the ceiling the monitors too which these strings were attached dropped and the wailing of the siren silenced.

The first monitor portrayed a simple radar, a thin bar gliding around it. with each passing a small red dot appeared to the north east. it seemed to be approaching slowly.

I had filled the second screen, however, with pictures of a man in a brown pin-stripe suit and a pair of converse. some images showed him in a long coat and in others he sported a pair of glasses. there was also a reoccurring image of a blue police box common to earth in the late 1900's.

Sherly was still recovering from the noise but a look of excitement played along her face. " do you... Do you think it could be him?"

"Not sure," I replied, "the monitors aren't the most reliable model invented."

Sherly glanced at the first monitor. "hhhhmmmmmmmm... well the marker just reached the outer ring so in theory we should be able to pick it up on the cameras."

I watched as Sherly ran to the opposite side of the console, reaching for 4 more strings and yanking them so hard they nearly ripped off. she scanned the screens intently her face contorted in concentration. as her eyes reached the last screen they lit up.

"What? is it him? well, is it? let me see!" I shouted nearly tripping over a loose wire as I crossed to stare at the monitor.

Sure enough a blue box was clearly visible spinning in open space.

" open the spiral coolers and power up the pace keeper we need to approach slowly to avoid a collision. oh and sherly..." my voice was picking up in speed and height as my exitement grew.

"yes?"

" if I get to exited talk for me please."

" sure. if you think thats necessary." sherly replied.

the tardis wooshed into life as we circled the controls pulling levers and twisting knobs. laughing at the wonderful feeling only flying could bring.

suddenly the engines stopped. the room was plunged into an eerie darkness it had never seen before. as the emergency lights flickered on I glanced around for any visible issues but non were there.

" did the flux capacator overdrive fail or could one of the stability coils be unstable?" I asked partly to sherly but mostly to myself.

" not sure, I'll go check," sherly replied.

she opened up a hatch under the console and I watched as she disappeared beneath.

without warning my tardis began to shudder and I heard a muffled yelp which could only mean sherly had hit her head on something. her head quickly reappeared from under the console a bloody hand holding the top.

"w-w-whats h-happening?" sherly winced, still clutching her head

"I'm not sure," I replied," though I'll sort it. you go to the first aid room, one of the medical bots will fix you up."

sherly nodded and scampered into the corridor as I paced back to the camera moniters. I examined the screen with the police box and discovered a beam of light connecting it to my beautiful tardis.

"seriously, a tracktor beam?" I yelled at the screen though I knew no one could hear me.

I knew there was no breaking it. the technology was far too advanced for my old tardis. I panicked. desperatly, I flitted around the controls but any that were connected to travel had somehow been disconnected.

in a last ditch effort to conceal us I pulled a large purple lever followed by a smaller pink button. the lever made no visible difference to the inside of my tardis but I could feel its effects through the bond only a timelord could share with his or her tardis. the button, however, simply switched off stuff... I mean everything really.

dun dun ddduuunnn. chapter two!!! kinda struggling to find time at the mo. may holidays now so may have more chance to update. there may or may not be a doctor next chap. :)