captured.

•shepards pov•

Hours passed and I began to wonder if they were just going to leave me to rot in this cell.

Suddenly, hushed voices approached the door and I heard the scraping of rusty locks. "Here we go." I muttered as two hooded figures entered the room.

"What do you want." I stood up and shuffled back into the corner as they drew closer. Without any form of weapon, I felt quite nervous.

They said nothing but grabbed me roughly and handcuffed my wrists behind my back before dragging me out into the corridor.

"Sheesh. Be a bit more careful will ya? I don't want my arms ripping off thsnk you."

The hooded guys remained silent and shoved me along corridors and up stairs until we reached what appeared to be a briefing room.

"Aaahhh shepard. Nice of you to join us." Every syllable seemed to linger in the air as the voice echoed around the room.

I span around, searching for its source. The guard peeps had left. 'Probably locked the door.' I pushed hopes of escape to the back of my mind. 'Your not gonna get far without the use of your hands anyway.'

"Please. Take a seat."

I perched on the edge of one of the chairs. There was no point arguing.

"Good." A figure emerged through a small door hidden in the shadows at the other end of the room. "You're quite the crafty one. We've been after you for a few years now."

"Wh-who are you and what d-do you want with m-me?" There was no keeping the fear from my voice.

"What do we want? 'We' want nothing my dear. Our contractor, however, is under the impression that you stole some rather important data."

"I-I don't know what you're t-talking about."

"Oh. I'm sure you do. Your memory obviously needs a little... persuasion..."

I couldn't see the mans head for his hood but there was no doubt in my mind that he was grinning as he spoke.

"Enough chit chat. Let's see just how strong you are." He clapped his hands and the guards from earlier reentered the room.

"I-I swear. I d-don't know what y-you're on about!"

He simply laughed darkly as his men dragged me out and down the corridor but I knew we weren't going back to my cell.

•sherly's pov•the type 22•

I watched as the shepard vanished before my eyes. "Wh-what's happening? Shep? Where did you go?" The doctor appeared just as confused as I was. He furrowed his brow and observed the spot that had been occupied by the Shepard a few seconds earlier.

"They've got her." He pointed to the third dot on the radar.

"Oh no. Nonono. We have to do something! What if they hurt her? I-I couldn't live with myself if we didn't try to help. What if sh-"

"Hey hey. Calm down. I promise we'll get her back." The doctor put his hand on my shoulder and lifted my chin so I was looking straight at him. "We will get the shepard back. Don't you worry about it."