The One That Almost Got Away

She gripped his arm as she tried to pull him with her. She didn't understand why it had turned out to be like this. He had always trusted her, but lately he was pushing her away. His name was Bently Krause, and hers was Kaylee Summers. She had thick, long brown hair. Her eyes were a soft brown. She was sudden and simply beautiful. She and Bently had been close since the first grade.

        She always remembered him with his short blond hair and beautiful blue eyes. She had always thought he was handsome but only ever seen them as friends. She dropped his arm, "Fine then! Find another friend!" She screamed. She stood there for a long time starring into his eyes, tears filling her own. She started running away from the little tower they had found in the woods. She eventually got to the edge of the woods and got in her car.

       Bently kicked the wooden board on the railing of the shack. He got up and walked farther down the path his hands shoved deep into his pockets. He kicked the dirt not knowing that Kaylee had left in the car. Kaylee got to her house. She went up to her room and laid onto her bed. She looked around seeing all the pictures of Bently and her. She got up ripping them of her mirror and wall. She threw them in the trash. She opened his drawer of things and grabbed a box. She started throwing all of his things in it. She dropped it off at his house and smiled saying bye to his mom after having explained the fact that she just needed the other drawer because she had gotten new clothes. She also figured that he would want his things back.