Family Secrets

Years ago, mysterious things occurred in the Doctor's life. The right place to start is from the beginning, or at least the less complicated part
________________________________
   In the year of 2015, the year the TARDIS had chosen, 10 year old Penelope Williams was walking to school. Her parents had insisted she take a chance at private school, which was why she was wearing a sweater and a skirt, her reddish- brown hair in a braid.
   Walking to school was new, but she was accepting that this was what her parents had insisted on. Something about new experiences.
   She always passed a mysterious alley , where you would hear the music of a guitar or saxophone from a beggar or street performer. But no music came from the alley today.
   Instead, a whirring noise came from it. A whirring noise Penelope hadn't heard in almost two years. She walked into the dark alleyway, hoping that the noise was the one she'd always hoped she'd hear again.
    The big, blue, public police call box began to materialize out of thin air. She stepped back to make sure she didn't appear inside the TARDIS, but ended up sprawled on the pavement instead.
   As soon as the noise stopped and the box had fully materialized in front of her, a man with a bow tie and a tweed jacket peaked out of the box.
   "Hello!" he said cheerfully, a wide grin spreading across his face.
   "Who are you?" Penelope asked, hoping this man remembered her.
   "I'm the Doctor. And you are?"Penelope's heart sank. The man who had helped raise her, didn't even remember her. So she played along.
    "Doctor? Doctor who? There are many doctors." Penelope avoided. Unfortunately, the Doctor noticed.
   "Are you avoiding my question?" The Doctor chided.
"What? Well, fine! If you really want to know, I'm Penelope Williams, but I prefer to use my to be called Pond."