what are you brewing?

-

the front doors bell rings quiet, a soft chime cutting out through the filters of chatter, and it's hard for jane to even realize that the doors opened but it was almost impossible not to remember that face.

he's here again.

the girl feels her face flush with nerves as she works her way back to register, she tries her best to seem casual but she's sure if someone questioned her counting the number of cups she'd seem a bit out of it. but as soon as he steps up jane tries her best to smile and not totally flake out, simply taking a pad out to write, her pen ready in position.

"welcome to the byer's coffee beanery, what would you like today?"

janes honestly amazed she hadn't stumbled around her words.

the boy, who carries a tote bag over the shoulder grins softly, sighing gently as he steps closer and jane can't help but take the boy's appearance all in.

he's all curls and freckles and she totally (she really does) doesn't think about counting each and everyone of them. for each of the times she'd seen him he'd always had some type of striped collar but now he's relaxed in a star wars tee and her heart warms.

his lips purse, mouth chewing softly against the inside of his lip as he looks interestedly at the board. "um...i actually don't know." he chucked and oh my.

cute, cute, cute.

"well that's okay," jane says. "take your time not like we're in a rush," she laughs softly, tucking a strand behind her ear and she swears her chest fills with fireworks as the guy smiles playfully at her stepping closer, close enough that he places an elbow on the counter as he continues to look at her.

"well...i've had coffee the last like—at least five times, so what do you suggest jane?" his eyes had trailed down to her name tag, smiling at the sight of her name.

she grinned just as happy, shyly biting her lip, a nervous tick of her's showing as she spoke. "our tea's are pretty good. i like the green tea and strawberry mix."

"that sounds pretty good actually. i'll take one of those thingies." the boy says and aw jeez she knows she's screwed by how the way her heart flips at the sight of his freckles cheeks lighting up.

oh, as if you weren't before huh?

"name?" jane asks smoothly pulling out a cup.

"it's mike short for michael."

she laughs nodding at his silly grin, writing the name down and taking the five dollars with ease. "alright, mike short for michael your drink will be out shortly," jane jokes and gosh—stop. you probably sounded so lame.

she doesn't get to test that theory because she quickly turns around hiding her face from what she assumes is embarrassment—no yeah that's what it is. she doesn't see the way mike grins at her.

her hands are only slightly shaky as she starts the drink, adding ice and the juice quietly, as the door out back suddenly opens and in comes a bustling red head.
oh thank god, jane almost whispers quickly making a beeline for the girl.