Chapter Six

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

The day's classes went by quickly. Except my mysterious sword and book, nothing stood out to me that day. After today's classes ended, Jade and I met up with Leani to see if she had any ideas on how to open the book. We sat in the outdoors with the book and sword laid in front of us.

"Have you tried activating it with the sword?" Leani asked suddenly after they both stared at the book for quite a while.

"Yeah. The small little activation spot is smaller than the gem on the sword." I sighed, glancing back up to her.

"Well you said the glass protecting the sword activated to your touch, maybe put your finger on the little spot?" Leani guessed, although I knew she didn't think that would work.

"Alright.." I lowered my pointer finger to the small metal spot in the middle of the book.

I felt a strong prick as a needle poked my finger, which made me pull my bleeding finger back in surprise. Jade watched carefully, tilting his head and sniffing the book.

The book lit up with a slight glow, the locks and widgets unlocking. I touched the book carefully, pulling back in surprise as my vision blurred, blacking out.

"Amira.. Amira?!" Someone called out, although it sounds far away.

My vision and sight slowly came back to me, as I looked up at Jade and Leani.

"Oh no, what happened?" A soft male voice called out.

"Who said that?" I muttered, looking up at them.

Leani tilted her head. "What do you mean? I just said your name. You passed out for a minute." She explained. "Are you okay?"

I slowly got up, looking at both of them.

"What's that book?" The same voice called out to her clearly.

My jaw dropped, turning toward Jade. "Y-you talked!"

Jade tilted his head, almost looking surprised. "You can understand me?"

Leani looked at both of them back and forth. "What in the world is happening.."

I got up, looking at them before back to the book. "Maybe this has something to do with it." I said as I flipped through the pages.

Thankfully, some of them were in my language, but most of the pages weren't recognizable. The first few pages were about history, but all the useful spells and information were all in a language none of them have seen before.

"How about let's start at the history. Maybe it'll give some information." Leani suggested.

I nodded, flipping back to the first pages. Upon further look, the history was from someone's point of view.

"Diary of Irene The Dragon Whisperer." I said out loud.

I read through the rest of it.

If your reading this, it might be too late. I am Irene, the Dragon Whisperer as one might call me. This book is only able to be opened at my touch, my blood. Young lady, whoever you are, you are my incarnate. Meaning, I am you, and you are me. It's very difficult to explain, but now that you have opened this book, some of my powers have already awakened in you. Soon, you will see visions of a life that is not yours. Pay attention to those carefully, those are my memories. I've dedicated this book to help you understand yourself better.

Your most likely wondering who I am. I am the person who ended the war. However, most likely i'm not mentioned in any of your books. Theres of course, a reason for this. Another incarnate, should be a little older than you. He is the incarnate of my enemy. History repeats itself, continuously. Another war should start. The adults most likely know of this, but do not want to cause any panic. Your job is to master the ability of the Dragon Whisperer, and discover how to use my most powerful spell. You will learn when you fully understand. For now, discover the secrets of the other realms from books hidden. I know this is a lot to ask, but you can do this. However, be aware of one thing; don't always trust the visions.

"How cheesy." I said after reading.

I was struck. This couldn't be real.. right? How is this possible? How does this Irene know of the future?

"I, uh, would like to be left alone for a minute." I said to Leani.

She stared at me quietly before nodding, walking back to the entrance of the academy.

I noticed Jade staring at me from the corner of my eye. His wild, icy cold eyes stayed locked on mine, however beneath the cold stare, his eyes were like a blue burning fire. I rubbed the scales on his face, as he closed his eyes. What was I supposed to do? This was too much to take in.

It was like I was the main character of some kind of book.

——————-

Next week was the Placement Tournament. Each student battled for a high place in status.

With this, I felt even more pressured to learn how to battle with a sword better. My uncle taught me the basics, however it won't really help when I go up against the more experienced. The battle is only one on one, meaning no dragons or griffins. It was a test to see if you could fight without your companion.

Lately, i've been practicing past curfew. I can't seem to find any other time, since I have classes in the day.

Practice would be much better if I actually had a teacher.

As I was walking down a hallway, my vision started to blur, before I passed out.

This must be a vision. I couldn't move, I just had to watch from someone's view.

Irene, was sitting on the beach. I could feel the warm sand beneath her feet. This was really confusing.

A noise stirred behind her. She turned around, to a tall man. His body had a nice tan, his features almost perfect. This stranger had black wavy hair, and warm brown eyes.

"Darian." Irene simply spoke. "That is your name, right? You were at the village earlier today. You're the talk of the town." She gave a small smile.

The man Darian, sat down next to Irene.

"Really? I'm that popular?" He slightly chuckled.

"Well of course, this village is on the outskirts. No one really comes by here." Irene replied.

"Hmph. Well, I came over here to introduce myself to the chiefs daughter." He gestured toward her.

"Oh you really didn't have to." Irene looked away. 

"But, I would like to get to know you better. What is your name?" He asked sweetly.

"Irene." She smiled.

"Well Irene, I hope to see you around. Sadly I have some business to attend." Darian replies before getting up, and walking into the thicken of the forest next to the beach.

I gasped awake. Looking up, there were many people surrounding me and muttering words. I got up, and pushed through the crowd, trying to forget about it. But one thing stayed in my mind.

Why was that memory so important?

       •• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

So so so so so cheesy. I know. And i'm sorry for that, but I don't have time to edit this.