Chapter Eight

When Dale said that his lessons were going to be painful, I didn't realize it would be this excruciating. There was one day left until the tournaments and my muscles were already sore. Still, I felt more confident in my ability already and was looking forward to prove my worth. The Dragons Rage techniques were very... well they fit the name. Although the techniques were very powerful, it didn't fit me. I most likely will be using the techniques until I find one that suits me.

"Hey, breakfast is over. You ready to get your last lessons in?" Dale said, intervening her thoughts.

I shook my head, trying to wake myself up. "Yeah, i'm ready." I said as I stood up.

Leani waved a small goodbye, as well as the other boys at the table. I pained a small smile, upset at the thought that I haven't been able to hang out with them as often.

Once they were farther away from the dining hall, Dale said the words that had been on my mind.

"Sorry about having to constantly take up your time. We only have one more day to practice and you need to get as much practice as possible." Dale said with a concerned look at my face which shone with a tired attitude.

I heaved a sigh. "It's okay. I appreciate all that you've done for me." I said, managing a smile.

The next few minutes were filled with silence as they walked.

After the silence which lasted an eternity, we stopped in a field of lush grass, the wind sweeping at the plants that tickled my legs.

Jade was no where to be seen. He tended to be more distant, and I wasn't sure why yet.

"Alright. I want you to practice fighting on me." Dale said with a gleam in his eyes as he went into his stance.

I swept my right foot far behind my left, pealing my sword from its sheath, and holding it with both hands horizontal in front of my face.

"Begin." Dale said calmly right as I sprung forward.

Our swords flew in a fury of attacks and defends. The most difficult part about battling with Dale was that he chose a different fighting style every time we fought, so I could never predict what would happen next. It kept me on my toes.

Dale swept a full force attack at my side, however I was just barely able to block it from actually hitting me. The force of the attack quickly overpowered my balance which made me stumble back. Using the advantage Dale had, he sped forward for an attack. My mind blurred as my vision turned to a haze. Dale knew what moves I would use, so I had to show him something I hadn't had the chance to show him yet.

Everything seemed to slow as Dale swung forward. I thought of a small imaginary blue orb that floated in the center of my body. I imagined pulling a delicate string of power from the orb and changeling it through out my body and through my sword. A jolt of energy rushed through me, as my sword made contact with his and shattering it to pieces.

The noises of the brisk wind and the leaves swinging in the trees brought me back to reality.

Dale's eyes fell to his shattered sword, the only intact part was the hilt he still held between his hands.

"Don't ever do that again." Dale said with a darkened expression. It gave me shivers down her back just looking at him.

"Why not?" I asked with hesitation.

"Using magic like that isn't.." Dale stopped to think of a word to describe it. "It isn't the normal kind of magic. Usually, magic users pull energy channeled to make magic from the environment around them. They aren't able to have their own supply of magic. Don't get any ideas and work on that ability you have. Others will find out and you'll for sure have a lot more enemies. However, may I ask where you learned that?"