n

"why did you fight?"

yuta half looked up from his lunch to see sunhee place her tray down on the table and sit opposite him. he stayed silent and only picked at the vegetables on the plate in front of him.

"yuta."

"what?"

"why did you fight?"

he inhaled sharply.

"it's stupid."

"you got him expelled."

"i'm very aware."

"and he didn't even-"

she stopped short when yuta raised his head, glaring at her. his eye was bruised badly and looked painful.

"did chittaphon..."

no reply.

"don't tell me that was johnny."

it didn't make sense. on the day of the fight, his face was untouched.

"even better," yuta stood and threw the rest of his lunch away, "my dad did."

he began walking out and sunhee quickly followed.

"your da- why?"

"are you really that thick?" he turned to look at her and abruptly stopped walking, she nearly walking into his back at the sudden halt, "our parents are friends, sunhee. okay? his mum called my mum and explained everything. the fight, the expulsion, the moving to bangkok. and you think i'm not effected? he was my best friend, sunhee, my best friend." he roughly hit his chest with his fist when he exaggerated 'my'.

"and i'd appreciate it if you didn't talk to me anymore." he grumbled and then walked away. sunhee just watched, unable to move. unsure if she wanted to.