4

The trees swayed in the wind, and your hair did to as you walked. You felt accomplished after leaving your comrades with broken hearts. You had no thoughts about the Leaf after stepping foot across that stream.

"You're a very strong (Boy/Girl). I think I made the right decision by marking you." You heard the deep, husk voice from earlier.

"Who's there?!" You activate your Sharingan and pull out a kunai.

"Hahaha... No need to be afraid (Y/N). I'm not here to hurt you..." The voice sounded closer.

You turned around to see a very pale man smirking. He had long black hair, golden eyes, purple eye markings, and fangs.

"Who the hell are you?!" You back away, but the man grips your arm.

"That's not something that needs to be told at the moment..." The man smiled.

You payed close attention to his facial features, and he looked like a snake. You immediately deactivated your Sharingan, and changed your expression to a neutral one.

The man lets go of your arm, "Why don't you come with me... You seek power, and I can give that to you... Along with many other things..." His golden eyes seemed to have put you under a trance, but you still had control over yourself.

You looked him up and down. He was wearing a black shirt, black pants, gray garbs, and a thick, purple rope tied in a knot behind his back. He had bandages wrapped around his calves, and he also had ninja sandals. The more you continued to analyze his appearance, the easier it was for you to realize who he was.

"Wait... You were the one who gave me this mark during the Chunin Exams!" You growl, backing away even more.

"Well it seems that it didn't take long for you to figure out who I was. You're right indeed. I was the one who gave you and Sasuke Uchiha the curse marks."

"You're Orochimaru... Am I correct?" You stare into his snake like eyes.

"Yes. I am."

"You're a missing ninja from the Hidden Leaf! I heard about you! You killed the Third... That was... Cold..." You smirk, "Gotta be honest. I didn't really like the old man anyway..." You keep your eyes on the snake's.

"Well glad to see that someone appreciates my work."

"I see her! She seems to be with another person." You hear the voice of Neji Hyūga again.

"Damnit! What will it take to get those bastards of my back?!" Next thing you know, is that you were pulled into the ground.