Chapter 1- Zombies

Heya. :) Erm, I suppose this story might go a little slow, but pleeease try and stay interested. :) I should pick up as the story progresses. Thank you sooooo much. <3 Enjoy! :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sadness.

I push the huge brown doors open and walk into the hall. It has a huge gold-coloured cross at the centre of the room and my Grandad's coffin laid beside it. There can't be that many people here. Maybe 50? Not as many as I expected.

He lived along life, he died at 90 so I guess thats quite long. I didn't really know much about him, we never spoke as he lived a few hours away, even my mums relationship with him was limited. He was a good man though, from what I hear.

I approach the coffin in fear as it is an open-casket funeral. I see his wrinkly face and short, white and wispy hair. He looks like my mum. His eyes are closed and he looks very peaceful. I don't feel much pain, other than for my mum, he was too distant. I take a long look at his face and walk away.

My mums friend, Jenna, a right bitch of a woman walks up to the coffin and cries. She didn't even know him! Cow. I hate her. She asks for a moment alone and we walk out of the room into the blistering cold.

Its winter, so its covered in snow and rains everyday. I live in Dundee, Scotland. Its pretty boring here, there's things to do, Cinema, swimming, but it gets boring quickly. Since its Scotland, it rains a helluva lot, so i'm used to inclement weather.

My name is Joshua. I'm quite tall, brown eyes, brown hair. Quite boring to be perfectly honest. Brown is horrible.

I hear a thump and my mum peeks through the door and gasps. Jenna is on the floor, unconscious. She rushes to her friend and I follow.

'Call 990, NOW!' She shouts, pressing her phone into my hand.

I call the number and inform the ambulance of our situation. Within minutes the sirens roar and the ambulance stops outside. The paramedics wheel Jenna through the doors and into the ambulance and whizz off. I accompany my mum into her car as we follow the ambulance.

I don't see what the fuss is, she probably just fainted. I sigh and my mum throws me a dirty look. I pull out my phone and text my friend James.

 Hey james! :D

Hey Joshua, whats up? So bored.

Same here, in a car on the way to the hospital. :/

Ahhh! Whats wrong? Break your arm...again?

Mums friend fainted.

Oh, haha, Jenna? She's annoying.

I know right. :/ anyways, battery's gonna run out, catch you later!

As I type that last sentance the screen dims and I slip the phone into my pocket. James is my best friend, he's been my friend since we were young. The car slows to a stop in the car park and we walk towards the huge doors. My mum tells the nurse Jenna's name and we are escorted to a room. She's sitting there with one nurse to her left, in a bed. She opens her eyes and begins to talk.

'Where am I?..' She asks.

'The hospital, sweetie, you passed out.' My mum says sweetly.

'Where was I? I don't understand, who are you?!' She exclaims, confused.

As my mum begins to speak, something strange happens.

I see Jenna gasp and her eyes close; she slumps to the bed. As the nurse begins to check her for various things, she opens her completely black eyes and screams, hurting my ears. Her eyes are the colour of her pupils but all over! She grabs the wrist of the young nurse and bites hard, her teeth sinking deep into her flesh. Screams echo through the corridors. I punch Jenna in the face out of fear and pull the nurse off of Jenna. My mums gasps and stares at me. My mum tries to talk Jenna out of her craziness, but Jenna tried to lash out at her too. My mum escapes from the room and I follow. What is happening? What is this? Some sort of mental problem mixed with memory loss!? But that wouldn't explain the eyes. My mum stops and decides to go back. I tell her i'm going home and she agrees, but tells me if I ever do something like that again, she'll kill me. Charming.

I walk out of the hospital and down the street and stop by the bus stop. I wait for the correct bus and hop on home. When I get home I decide to eat. I whip up an omelette and crawl to my bed.

zZ zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ  zZ

I wake up and groan. I look to my digital clock. 2:25pm. WHAT!? Its a Sunday but still, that's incredible. I get up and walk to the bathroom. I undress and slip into the shower. When my  hairs clean, I come out and get changed. I sit on my bed and flick through the channels on my T.V. There's nothing on so I settle on the news. I stare incredulously as the news reporters read out their words.

Breaking News: Zombies?- People panic as hospital goes crazy. Everyone inside of the hospital has been barricaded in due to zombie-like behaviour happening. We are not sure if they are pulling a prank at this moment and time, but these so called, 'zombies',  are very intelligent. More on this soon.

I turn the T.V. off and sprint downstairs. I search my mums room and as I expected, no-one is around...

Thank you for reading. :) I will post more, so please stay interested and be patient. :D Thanks guys. :D