Chapter 6- Preparing

After a while of an awkward silence, she asks if I can deal with the body. To reduce the blood smearing, I grab an old lawnmower box and drag his lifeless body into it. I shove the box under a shelf. By the time I get back to the bunk bed, she's already fast asleep on the bottom bunk. I smile and climb up to the top bunk and lie down.

zzzzzz....

I try pull myself up but there's something weighing me down.

'Sorry, I was cold...' She says almost guiltily.

'It's alright' I croak. The lack of sleep has made my morning voice really.. frog-like. 

She gets up and we walk together to the clothes section. She fills me in on who Alan reaaaally was. Long story short, he was her girlfriend a couple years back and he just wanted revenge. Unlucky for him, it resulted in his death. I don't really understand why I don't feel the tiniest bit sympathetic for killing a human being, but I don't feel much for him. Self defence and anger don't mix well with me.

She grabs a turquoise skirt and a summery yellow shirt and walks into the changing rooms. I wait for her to come out and grab a pair of baggy jeans, a red t-shirt and a black and white pair of converse. I walk in the changing rooms and wait for her to come out. I take off my unclean blood-stained clothes and change into the new ones. I tie the laces of the converse and walk out of the changing rooms. My stomach grumbles and I look at one of the clocks on the shelf near me. 2 o clock, again!? I need to eat.

I walk towards the cafeteria and grab one of the soft drinks out of the coca-cola fridge. Fanta lemon.

I open the cap and walk around the corner.

'Hey, I was wondering, do you st--'

She was cut short by the noise of a bottle banging off the ground, the lemony liquid spilling all over my shoes. She looks at me questioningly and I stutter. She looks amazing. I say a sentance slowly in my head, then, out my mouth, so I don't stutter again.

'You look amazing.' I say.

Goddamn it! Thats not what I wanted to say! So much for 'The bottle was wet and it slipped out of my hand'!....

'Auw, thanks!' She beams,  then blushes, because of the compliment she just received.

'No problem.' I say, trying to sound as laidback as possible, but failing miserably.

She smiles again and sits down at the chair opposite mine.

'So, what are your theories about the zombies?' She asks.

'Erm, well i'm not sure, they definetely get confuzed easily so we can use that somehow. Maybe bright lights or something they wouldn't understand.' I say. 

' Hmm, yeah, along the lines of what I was thinking. I was thinking, since there is a toy section, we could use the marbles there? I think that would stop them easily.' She says quietly.

'Yeah!' I exclaim. She blushes again and I begin thinking about her. I try to stop the thoughts in my head and realise what a brilliant idea it is. I smile and she laughs awkwardly.

'Cmon, lets go, you search the far end, i'll search this end, meet here in about 20 mins?' I ask.

She agrees and we go our seperate ways. I search the shelves and find not much. I take all of the mirrors though and lift them back to the table. I find a tub of a substance used to light barbecues. I remember it not working very well when my mum made barbecues, but its oily so they'll fall and its flammable so if it comes to it, I can light it. I grab a water gun in a nearby shelf and bring it next to the tub at the table.

I find an expensive toy, it randomly shines a bright laser around the room, for your cat to play with! How cute! I put it down beside me and keep searching. I grab two laser pointers and put them down. I find a pair of walkie talkies and put them beside the rest of the items. I then find the most useful item of all. Fireworks. All varieties of them, fountain fireworks and ferris wheels, which could scare the zombies or rocket fireworks, to disract or blow-up the zombies.

I have an idea, something to control the explosions could help me. I find a pipe which could naybe help aim the fireworks, but its too wide and way too heavy. I look around for a while and realise i'm a few minutes late. I find a torch, fireworks fit perfectly into it, its light and it has a handle. I smile and haul the items back to the table.

She arrives just in time with me and I look at what she has. Around 10 bags of marbles, a smoke machine, a lot of buckets of water, a hairdryer, five or six extention cables, a length of rope and a remote control car with knives attached around each side. We check out each others objects and ask about them.

'Whats the hairdryer and extention cables for?' I ask, no idea what they could be used for.

'Think about it! We set the buckets of water above the entrance incase of emergency, set up a trip-wire that will drop the water on the zombies and turn on the hairdryer tangled between the zombies, frying them to death!' She shouts very excitedly.

'I love the idea but i'm a bit taken aback by your... bloodlust?' I say.

'Haha!' She laughs.

I smile and we begin to set up the trap. It takes around an hour but it looks like it works. I hi-five the girl and smile. I find two more bags, bigger than the one I have at the moment, splitting the equipment between me and Evelyn. I give her the most useful equipment, I won't let her die. I can't let her die. I think its fair to say we're not just helping each other for safety anymore..

When we finish the trap we set the mirrors up outside the entrance and it entices a nearby child zombie into a trance. I tell her i'm tired and I need to sleep, she agrees and walks back with me to the bunk bed, we grab two rolls, two cokes, two packets of crisps and some chocolate on the way back. We eat it on her bed and discuss the days work. I think we did pretty well! I climb up the ladder and collapse. As I begin to doze off, I hear footsteps on the ladder... 

-------------------

Thanks for reading! :D I was kind of struggling to think of any ideas earlier, but i've picked up a bit now... I hope. :L :) Please leave any feedback on the comments and keep reading! :) Love you. <3