Chapter 5- Betrayal

I tell the duo that i'm tired and am off to bed. I walk over to the food section and grab an apple, take a few bites then bin the rest. I find a black-bunk bed and climb to the top. I lie on the mattress and lay my hands by my side... I realise in a matter of seconds that I wouldn't be able to sleep. I have insomnia anyways, so with or without the zombies it would take a few hours. I have pills to treat them but I didn't really think i'd need them earlier.

I pull myself down the ladder and wander the supermarket. I find the book section and sit there for a while. There are large varieties, such as horror, action, romance, etc. I pick one at random since they're all pretty terrible and walk back to my bed. There is nothing stranger than walking through a supermarket in the dark with no-one around, except maybe that zombies are real. I think about a game I used to play on the Xbox and how the main character dealt with the zombies. I wonder if any of the techniques I used on the Xbox would help in real life....Only one way to find out.

I dream about various scenarios in my head and no matter how much I think about the zombies, all I think about is Evelyn. I open the book and begin to read. Ugh. A cheesy love story. Something to do with a girl who falls in love with a dog and a really pale guy. I toss the book aside and rub my eyes. Not even tired.

I start to think about how we're going to get out of here, I mean, we can't live in a supermarket for the rest of our lives? By the day after tommorow, all of the fresh food such as ready-made sandwiches, rolls, milk, cheese and break, will all be out-of-date, but there is a lot of other foods here so we can survive for a while.

I lay out what Evelyn and I would need to do. Start with the basics. Food, safe shelter, water, safety from the zombies and after all that, more survivors and eventually, some sort of safehouse or cure. For now survival is hard, so i'll focus on that for now, quite lucky to have gained control of a supermarket though, not many better places. Mum.....

I know hurting their heads and confuzing them helps a lot, but the siblings and I have decided to try and search for something else that might hurt them, maybe somewhere else apart from their heads? I don't know. I'll try more out tommorow. There are a lot lot more zombies outdoors now so it won't be hard to find a zombie to test our ideas on.

I bury myself beneath the covers and try to get warmer. I hear footsteps from afar. The store is pretty echoey so you can hear absolutely anything. Plus, there's no noise from other customers or anything. After a while the footsteps get louder and I feel the bed get heavier as someone lies down. I arch my head over the side of the bed and see Evelyn.

'Hellooo!' I say. She screams briefly and then blushes tomato-red when she realises it was me.

'Sorry..'  She laughs.

'Its fine!' I laugh.

'So...how're you?' She beams.

'No offence, but how do you think?' I say.

'Good point...hey... can I speak to you a second?' She says.

'Sure.' I reply.

She pulls the covers off herself and climbs to the top bunk. I shiver as she crawls under the covers. Her left shoulder rubs against mine and I feel my cheeks go red.. Again. She begins to speak.

'Listen up, Alan isn't who you think he is, he's not my brother, I'm his ex, he threatened to kill me if I left, to get revenge of when I broke up with him, I think, we need--' She said.

I feel the bed tremble beside me and I whip round and spot what it is. Alan is hanging on to the side of the bed, one hand on the bar, the other hand on a sharp knife buried in the mattress. It takes a while to realise what has happened. I punch him in the face out of overwhelming anger and he falls off the bed, leaving the knife buried in the mattress.

I pull the small knife out of the bed and jump from under the covers, onto the ground. He pulls out another knife and swings for my throat but I arch back, feeling the air caused by the knife tickle my neck. I jab at his face, he dodges but almost succeeds. My knife bursts through his cheek and the blood spurts out. Evelyn covers her mouth as Alan holds his hands up to his face. He turns around to run but isn't fast enough. I stab the knife completely through the back of his neck and he slumps to the ground, blood shoots out of the wound when I pull out the knife.

I turn around, Evelyn climbs down from the bed and hugs me. I freeze briefly and hug her back. My stomach almost hurts. Her hair brushes against the side of my face as she kissed my cheek.....

-------------------------------

Thank you for reading! :D Remember, keep reading, comment and vote if you like it! :D I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! :D