Griffindor Gatherings

Harry is waiting for us on the couches and he stands up to greet us. We both hug him and the Patil sisters come over to say hello. We sit on the couch with Harry. Ginny had decided on the walk over that I would be telling Harry about Draco's offer. "Harry, I would like to let you know that Draco offered to take me to a party, when the returning students plan one. I heard they are going to have the first one on Saturday." I say, like that's just how it is and he can't stop me.  Harry looks dumbfounded by my statement, "Um...ok. Have fun I guess."  We  talk for a while and eventually we decide to go back to our dorm.  Ginny and I say goodbye to the Griffindors and walk back toward the dungeons. "My god Ginny! How the hell did Harry just brush that off his shoulder?! Am I finally free to live my life how I want?" I exclaim in surprise. How could my best friend allow me and his former enemy to go to a party together? Just any guy at all, he would have protested usually, but Draco, I was positive he was going to flip out. He doesn't hate Draco but they aren't friends either. Harry is a bit slow to forgive anyone, especially him. Ginny replies, "He might just be accepting that Draco has changed, you've changed. You are your own person and you can take care of yourself. I think after everything that's happened he realized that." "Yeah." We stroll down a staircase while it swings to a new doorway, where we take another down and another until we are back in the dungeons. I shiver, "I'll never get used to how cold it is down here." Ginny rubs her arms and tries to warm herself up, "Me either." We say the password and the portrait swings open with a sneer. I roll my eyes and step inside. Draco is sitting on the couch reading. I smile as we pass him and walk up to our dormitory. I open up the laptop and enter the chat room for 8th years. LunaLoveNeville has joined.
MioneGirl- Hey what's up😜
LunaLoveNeville- Hey Mione🤩. I like these face things. 🤪
MioneGirl- They're called emojis. 😂
LunaLoveNeville- I'm starting to like this muggle stuff.
MioneGirl- Yeah its pretty nice having some familiar things.
TheSlytherinPrince has joined
MioneGirl- Hey Draco
TheSlytherinPrince- Come downstairs
TheSlytherinPrince has left.
MioneGirl- O. K. then 😕I guess I gotta go Luna
LunaLoveNeville- Alright see you later 👋🏻 🤩
MioneGirl has left.
I walk downstairs, searching for Draco. I touch the last step and then someone jumps out, throwing their arms around my waist. I scream and my heart rate rises. The boy adjusts his arms in more of a hug and sways me back and forth. I try to calm myself down and he tries to slow my heartbeat back to a normal pace, still rocking back and forth. I immediately know it was Draco. "Oh my god you scared me," I exhale. He turns me around, laughing. "Sorry for that. How'd it go with Harry?" "Great! He seems completely ok with it." I reply. "Well that's good news. I can't wait for tomorrow," Draco smiles. Tomorrow. OH MY GOD TOMORROW! I wasn't even thinking! I need a dress like yesterday! "I forgot it was tomorrow! I HAVE TO GO SHOPPING!" I screeched, stumbling, as I run up the stairs. "GINNY! GINEVRA WEASLEY!" Ginny pops her head out the door, "We talked about calling me Ginevra!" "Yeah yeah. Got your attention though. We have to go get me a dress for tomorrow!" I exclaim. "Stylist best friend to the rescue! I'm coming woman!!!" She sprints down the stairs and floos us to hogsmeade. We disappear with a small wave goodbye to Draco as Ginny rushes me to the shops. We land hard on the floor outside the fireplace, of Madame Rosemary's Dress Shop. I stand up, brushing myself off, as Madame Rosemary greets us. "Hello Hermione! Hello Ginny! What can I help you with today ladies?" Madame Rosemary smiles. I reply, "We are looking for a dress for me to wear to a party tomorrow night. Nothing too formal." "Ah I see. Follow me," we walk over to the corner of the shop and she points, "Something from this section would be wonderful on you. Perhaps something short, show off those legs." I giggle like a little girl, blushing. "You two can look around on your own. See what you like."