Chapter One - the pests

This is Berk. It's twelve days north of hopeless, and a few degrees south of freezing to death. It's located solidly on the meridian of misery. My village, in a word, sturdy. It's been here for seven generations, but every single building is new.

We have fishing, hunting and a charming view of the sunsets. The only problem is the pests you see, most places have mice or mosquitoes. We have...dragons. Most people would leave. Not us. We're Vikings. We have stubbornness issues. My name is Hiccup. Great name, I know. But it's not the worst.

Parents believe a hideous name will frighten off gnomes and trolls. Like our charming demeanour wouldn't do so that.

Hiccup ran pass all the raging Vikings ready to go into battle, he passed a few and they said to him, "get in inside!". He didn't listen, he continued on running up the deck, until he bumped into the chief, he grabbed him by the back of hiccups shirt.

"Hiccup! What is he doing here...? What are you doing out?! Get inside!". He said while letting of his shirt. That's Stoick the vast, chief of the tribe. They saw when he was a baby, he popped a Dragons head clean off its shoulders. Do I believe it? Yes, I do.

"What have we got?", he asked, one of his people. He replied with "Gronckles, Nadders. Zippleback." Oh, And Hoark saw a Monstrous Nightmares". He said while protecting himself while the blast lit up the area, "any Night Furies?". He asked, "none so far". He answered him back.

"Good", Stoick said while flicking of a burning peace of wood of his shoulder plate, "torch it!". A man shouted, hiccup ran pass the two, two big pole went flying up with the top beaming with fire, trying to keep the dragons away.

Hiccup ran into the blacksmiths workshop were he would help out Gober with the swords during any attacks, "Oh! Nice of you to join the party!". "I thought you'd been carried off!". Gobber sarcastically said while hiccup ran pass him towards tool stand, "who, me? Come on, I'm way to muscular for their tastes." Hiccup replied.

He reached for the hammer laying on the ground and picked it up with two hands and placed it back in its holder, "they wouldn't know what to do with all this". Hiccup said while trying to show of his body, "they need toothpicks, don't they?". Gobber said while paring his actions with his choice of hand.

The meathead with attitude and interchangeable hand is gobber. I've been his apprentice since I was little. Well, litter.

"We move to lower defendeds. We'll counterattack with all the captapults." Stoick said while looking at one of his people, he raced down the deck with the others, a monstrous Nightmare flew above them and burned one of the house down with its flames.

See? Old village, lots and lots of new houses. "Fire!" Someone shouted, Hiccup dropped everything he was doing and looked out of the window seeing all the dragons flying around and Vikings throwing flames, throwing nets. You get the hook.

"Let's go". A girl shouted as a she and a group of other people ran pass with a unidentifiable object, that's Fishlegs, sountlout, the twins: Ruffnut and Tuffnet...and...Astrid.

Hiccup's face beamed up when he saw Astrid walking away from fire with her friends, "oh, their job is so much cooler." Hiccup sighed leaning against the window. Gobber cane up behind Hiccup and picked him up with his hook hand. "Eh!". Gobber sighed, "Come on, let me out, please." "I need to make my mark". Hiccup continued.

"You've made plenty of marks, all in the wrong places." Gobber said while poking him with his hook, hiccup stumbled backwards, "Please, I'll kill a dragon. My life will get infinitely better. I might even get a date". Hiccup said looking at Gobber.