Decisions

Was this the right thing to do? Should I be doing this? Should I have done the other thing? This doesn't feel right. Nothing feels right. I want to help... But is it worth it? Why should I even be helping him? 

Splendid's thoughts swarmed his head. Pushing past doctors, he focused on what was ahead of him. He could hear Flippy's voice, screaming about that insane counterpart of his. His own demon laughed. The doors felt heavier than they should've; was it just all in his head? Splendid took a deep breath. He had to calm himself down first. One of them had to be strong, and right now, Flippy was not. 

Splendid pushed open the door. Flippy sat cuffed to a bed, tears streaming down his face. He had quieted down when Splendid walked in. The green haired boy looked down in shame, violently trembling. The silence was heavy.

Neither knew what to do or say. "M... sorry..." Flippy choked out softly. He hiccuped. "M...so sorry..." he said. "Sorry... sorry... sorry...!" He dared not to look up. 

Splendid felt his throat go dry. He walked over to the veteran and wrapped him in a tight hug. He said nothing as the younger one continued to babble sorry. Flippy rested his head into the taller one's chest, soaking his jacket. Flippy noted the dried blood.

"Flippy... next time you do something as stupid as this... at least warn me..." Splendid mumbled once Flippy had calmed down. Flippy only nodded in response. "I was so scared I was going to lose you... again. I don't want to lose you. I want to be by your side through everything, no matter how gruesome it gets. Let me be your support. Let me be your friend." 

The green haired boy shook, the words Splendid spoke pierced his heart. He didn't want to let Splendid in. What if Splendid hurts him like everyone else? What if Splendid was just like the others? Only getting close to ship him off to another mental hospital? Or worse? Use him like a pawn in war...

Splendid rested his hand on Flippy's. "Don't you doubt my love for you, Flippy. I'll always have these feelings for you."

Flippy teared up, but fought them. "Why do you insist on staying? Why can't you be like the others? Why won't you let me die!?" he hissed. Splendid frowned. "Because I know this isn't the real you. You aren't this monster, you aren't the man inside your head, and you aren't what others think. You are my friend, my love, my everything. You are someone who is kind, who wants to help and get help, and most of all, you are Flippy. You are your own person." 

Flippy's heart hurt. His stomach turned. His face felt hot. He felt... 

"Splendid... I think I'm gonna be sick." 

Splendid patted the younger boy's back as he felt the other's body tense up once again. A nurse had overheard what Flippy said and managed to get a bucket under him just in time. Splendid was never a fan of vomit, and just hearing Flippy made him gag. But he bit his tongue and looked away, keeping his hand on Flippy's back for support. 

It felt like forever, but Flippy finally stopped. It was pure stomach acid by the time he was finished. His throat burned and the aftertaste alone made him gag. He wanted to brush his teeth for hours, but the mouthwash they gave him will have to do for now. 

"My arms hurt." He wanted to scratch them as the bandages rubbed against the cuts. "Well of course they do, you idiot. What did you think would happen?" Splendid half joked. Flippy forced a slight smile. "I was hoping it would feel like relief," he replied with a sigh. Splendid shook his head. "Your arms aren't gonna be the only things hurting when I'm done with you." 

It took a minute for it to register, but when it did, Flippy's face lit up bright red. "S-Splendid! D-Don't say such things in a hospital!" he stuttered, flailing like a fish out of water.  The blue haired man laughed, seeing how flustered he got. "Sorry, sorry, just thought I would lighten the mood up a little," he chuckled. Flippy pouted. "That was terrible..." he muttered. 

Splendid giggled and planted a kiss on top of Flippy's head. "You can do whatever you want to me too," he said with a wink. If Flippy wasn't still cuffed to this bed, he would've decked his friend. Instead, he became more flustered, trying to avoid Splendid's gaze. "I can't stand you! Saying such things right now!" he hissed, looking away. Splendid laughed again and a nurse stepped in. 

She explained since Flippy seemed to be doing much better, they would be willing to release him into Splendid's custody. Splendid happily agreed. 

Once everything was all set up and they were finally out the door, Splendid held Flippy close. They looked up at the sinking sun. The sheets Splendid had to sign showed they were in there for a few days. Everything was blurred, he must've lost track of time. 

"Flippy?"

"Yeah...?"

"You're not allowed back home. They said you were in my custody, so we're going to my place."