solace

His lips on mine was a feeling that I craved for, I wanted more. We stayed like that for a while, kissing and intertwined.

Then the alarm went off.

I sprang upwards, as I was startled, and hit my head coming back down on the headboard. Screw dreams.

"Shit," I mumbled holding my head.

Something about my parents not being back for a long time was odd, all until I received a text from my mom saying 'don't do anything stupid while we're gone. sorry we didn't tell you, but we're going out of town for a week. there's some money in my dresser.'

I wanted to respond with something super passive aggressive, but I couldn't instead I left her on read.

Today I wasn't really giving any fucks. It's Sunday and I'm gonna get outta here.

I got in my car and drove to David's. The only person who ever made me feel whole.

I knocked on the door not surprised to see both of his parents cars were gone. With a mischievous grin on my face, David opened the door confused.

"Hey Liza, are your parents still not home?" he asks.

"I love you, you know that?" I say, disregarding his question.

He smiles, "Yeah, you've only told me a thousand times," he says faking annoyance and smiling all at the same time. He was so different today. He was happy, I could tell.

I jump into him, wrapping my arms around him, still smiling as bright as I could. He pulls back and stares at me for a few moments. With the door shut behind us, he takes a hold of my face. Like a curious little boy, he stares at me with a smile still displayed on his lips.

"I've been waiting to do this forever," he says and his eyes glance to my lips.

Was this a dream?

Shit how do I prepare?

Oh my god he's going to kiss me.

Our lips touch perfectly and I fall into his arms. It was just like the dream, only better and real. We kissed with our bodies holding each others. I moved my hands to around his neck, smiling uncontrollably into the kiss. My hands pulled at his hair at the back of his head. It was amazing.

He lifted me up and swung me around, making me break the kiss and giggle loudly.

"Oh I love that!" he says. "I'm in love with everything about you!"

I hold my arms around his neck tightly, blushing until my cheeks were pure and rosy.

"You are so happy today!" I say.

"Yes because I got a surprise visit from my favorite girl," he reasons. "Liza I want to take you out today."

"Okay, please elaborate," I say happily.

"On a date."

"Ohhh," my smile grows bigger than ever.

"I was actually going to call you, before you came over. You really beat me to it," he says.

"Ohhh, that's why you were already in such a good mood, I'm so happy for you!"

He laughs and twirls me around again.

"You're the one who makes me so happy!" he says. Tears begin to fill my eyes. His smile drops immediately becoming concerned, "Liza what's wrong?"

"David," the tears fall, "I've never been so happy."

He smiles again.

"Good, I'm so glad, come on.. and Liza your foot will not heal if you don't stop forgetting to use your crutches. I have no idea how you even drove over here steadily."