enthralling

I was intrigued.

One moment I said I would move on, but that was before I knew I was much stronger than he was.

We all desired love, but he felt he wasn't enough to love.

I couldn't believe it. He loves me!

I had just left his house. The evening was silent, but that seemed like the only thing he needed. Silence. Without speaking, the presence of each other was enough.

Now I was on my bed. Crying. Tears of joy.

I have never felt so happy.

He loves me! He said so. I will believe him.

It amazed me how broken he was, not that it was good, but that he couldn't possibly be so distraught. I loved him.

His eyes, beautiful. His touch, beautiful. His mind, beautiful. His scars, beautiful.

I loved every bit of him.

Remarkable how a few words can change every single thought of negation.

He deserved the world.

I was so full of joy I hadn't realized my mom was screaming my name while I laid there in a daze on my bed.

"Huh?" I shake out of it.

"Where were you?" she asks.

"Just David's house. We lost track of time," I say staring off.

It felt like one of those games "she loves me, she loves me not" somehow, you know with the picking petals from a flower? like when I said I would move on.. it didn't happen and what if the next day he goes up and out of it and says he hates me?

I sure hope that wouldn't happen. I mean sure, high school relationships don't last, but I'd like to try and see how far it runs... What am I saying? He hasn't even kissed me, we're not even dating.

I could easily be replaced by any girl in the school. I felt like I was hardly rated one of the prettiest and I always denied when people tried to tell me I was always crushed on. Was it because I had my eye on someone else? Maybe, but that someone else was just a sad boy in the woods.

And I loved him.

As long as I trust his words... I will stick by him.

"Lizzzaa, earth to Lizaaa?" I sat in front of my mom, I didn't even notice she was still talking.

"Huh?"

"Your father and I are going out tonight, no drugs," she says.

"No drugs?" I ask confused, "Mom... I don't do drugs," I say, my eyebrows still furrowed in confusion.

"You don't, huh, that's a shock.."

"You just expected since everyone else has tried it before that I have too? You just assumed?"

"Well I thought you started hanging out with that boy for a reason..."

"Can you just leave, I can't believe you would just assume that," I say, honestly kind of hurt.

"Okay, bye," she says careless and walks out.

And to think I was so happy a minute before.

I hear the car start and drive, wow, okay.

A few minutes after sitting confused the door bell rings. I huff and trip down the stairs.

I open the door, still frowning from earlier, but suddenly smile.