Age Potions

Hermione's POV

Since it's the first week, I decided to head down to the library, just so I could get a head start.

It was quite early in the school year, so not many people were there. But I did see a familiar Slytherin sitting in the corner.

Reading some sort of magical creatures book.

"Morning Hermione" she mumbled, not looking up from her book.

'How did she know it was me?' I casually walked over to her and sat opposite.

"I could smell your perfume before you walked in" she grinned.

"Oh right, being the Strage must heighten your senses, of course!" I could see her roll her eyes but nodded.

"Gets annoying sometimes, like horrid smells, and somethings that can't be unheard" she shivered and gagged a little bit.

"Oh" I blushed, understanding what she was insinuating.

"Hey I heard that the Weasley twins were making an age potion, that's not for what I think it is, is it?" She put her book down and started to write on a bit of parchment.

"Yes, unfortunately, they are going to attempt to put their name in the goblet"

(Y/n)'s POV

I sighed deeply before putting my book away.

"Come on then, I want to watch them fail, maybe they'd learn to just accept the rules" I giggled standing up.

Hermione sighed and walked with me to the Goblet of Fire.

Harry and Ron joined us along the way.

"So Riddle, I noticed that Draco has become....clingy, are you two...you know?" Ron asked, awkwardly.

The other two just stared at me, agreeing with him.

"No, nothing like that, it's just...", I had to come up with a smart lie that they would buy, but nothing came to my head, "it doesn't matter" I rushed ahead, just so they could interrogate me anymore about Draco.

I don't mind that he's being clingy, I don't know why he is, but it's nice seeing a protective side to him.

—Mini Time Skip brought to you by Castiel 😇—

The room was dark and full of older students, cheering their friends on as they placed their name in the goblet.

I was sitting next to Hermione as she read.

"Come on Ced!" A large group of Hufflepuffs pushed their grinning friend towards the Goblet, they all cheered and hugged him when his parchment disappeared into the flames.

"Eternal glory, would be brilliant wouldn't it, three years from now, when we could be chosen" Ron said dreamily.

"Yea right, rather you than me"

He doesn't want to be a part of it!? Ugh, and he has no choice.

I bet his name is already in the goblet.
I already made a deal with Barty, saying that I'd help him with his tasks so that he could win.

But mainly, I don't want him hurt.

"Yeahhhhh" ah here comes trouble.

Fred and George ran into the room causing cheers to sprout.

"Well lads we've done it!" Fred cheered.

"Cooked it up this morning" George showed the vile in his hand.

"It's not going to work~" Hermione sung and the both cane next to us.

Fred next to Hermione and George next to me.

"Oh yea, and why's that Granger?" George asked.

She pointed to the floating circle around the goblet.

"You see that, it's an age line, Dumbledore drew it himself!" She huffed.

"So?" Fred tutted.

This time I answered. I like the Weasley twins and I don't want them to hurt themselves trying to get into the tournament.

"So, a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by something so pathetically dim witted like an ageing potion!" I huffed and crossed my arms.

"That's why it's so brilliant"
"Because it's so pathetically dim witted!"

They both laughed and stood up.

"Ready Fred"
"Ready George"
"Bottoms up!" The both drank it and jumped into the circle.

Nothing happened and everyone cheered and clapped.

Once they put their names in, the fire in the goblet sort of exploded, sending the two flying back.

When they got up, they had dramatically aged, with long grey hair and beards!

"You said!" They said at the same time before they began to fight.

As everyone, apart from Mione and myself, started to chant, "fight fight fight!"

The doors swung open, and Viktor Krum, and Igor walked in.

Everyone went quiet as he placed his name in the goblet.

He looked me and Hermione and gave a small smile.

Once he left me and Hermione turned to each other.

"He was looking at you!" I grinned and she blushed.

"Shut up!" She chuckled.