Chapter 38

Marshall waltzed into school, a stupid smile plastered on his face.

He bounced up to Tessa and held something behind his back.

"Good morning!" He grinned.

"Hello..?" Tessa laughed lightly at her boyfriend as she shut her locker.

"Happy Valentines Day!" Marshall smiled, handing her a box of chocolates and a stuffed bear.

"Awe! Thanks Marshall!" Tessa grinned, giving Marshall a big hug before she gave him a quick kiss.

Everest, who witnessed the whole scene, gagged and walked off.

She turned the corner to see Chase and Skye hugging. She spun on her heel and walked the other direction.

Zuma walked up behind Carly and rested his chin on her shoulder. "Happy Valentines Day babe."

She turned her head and smiled down at Zuma.

He wrapped his arms around her and had roses in his hands. "Love you."

Carly took them and turned around. "They're beautiful. Thank you." She smiled and planted a soft kiss on his lips.

Everest groaned and walked the other way.

Rocky and Carson walked by her, holding hands.

"Hey Everest." Rocky smiled.

"Whatever." She grumbled and kept walking.

"What's her deal?" Rocky asked, looking towards Carson.

Carson shrugged. "I️ dunno. She was in a fine mood yesterday."

"I'll go talk to her." Rocky smiled as he let go of Carson and jogged off after Everest.

"Hey." Rocky greeted, jogging up to Everest as he began to walk in unison with Everest.

"Hi." Everest said, slightly sassy.

"What's your ish?" Ricky raised an eyebrow.

"What ish? I don't have an ish!" Everest sassed, shoving her hands into her sweatshirt pockets.

"You look like someone died." Rocky said monotone.

"It's just.. you wouldn't understand." Everest shook her head.

"How so?" Rocky smirked slightly and tilted his head.

"Because you have a girlfriend!" Everest snapped before her eyes widened. "...sorry."

"Ohhh." Rocky chuckled inwardly.

"What?" Everest looked at him.

"You're jealous because you're single." Rocky said, looking right at her.

Everest blushed. "N-no I'm not!"

"Then what's the matter?" Rocky asked, knowing he was right.

Everest stuttered for a moment before she huffed. "Fine. I just wished I could feel what all of you feel. I've been single for forever!"

"Then meet someone! There's a lot of boys at this school." Rocky said, trying his best to sound as supportive as he could.

"Yeah I guess." She sighed.

"Look, I'm not the best at giving guy advice.. so go find Skye. She's good at this. I gotta go talk to a teacher." Rocky chuckled walking off.

Everest just mumbled to herself as she kept walking. She looked down, playing around with the sleeves of her sweater.