Chapter 15

"What do we doing in a clinic?" I said while I struggled so that my heart did not come out of my mouth. I shoved my hand into the pocket of my ripped jeans trying to hide how shaky they were.

"You didn't understand. What are you doing in my aunt's office?"

"Is she his aunt? I did not notice any resemblance," Really, I had not noticed any resemblance between them, only after when she announced who she was. I was staring at my feet, but I could imagine Ben's incredulous expression.

"Why did you run away from me?"

"I didn't want you to know I was going to have an appointment with a psychologist. I did not want you to think I am crazy."

"What a coincidence! We are going to the same psychologist. Only I do not believe in coincidence, Ga-bri-e-lle," He spelled my name slowly. His voice was firm but still calm. You did know that I have the appointment here," He affirmed. "What did you come here to do?"

"I already said," I tried to swallow the cry, but it insisted on leaving. My tears fell on the gray floor leaving small stains. I had hiccup before confessing my crime. "I wanted to make to ask some questions about you."

"What kind of questions? And please, now speak looking at me," I let my facelift. I was in one of my most dramatic ways. I would have to tell the truth before his aunt did.

"I asked her if you think of suicide," He was indignant. He was with angry, disappointed. I broke the trust we had built between us.

"Why didn't you asked me?"

"You would have lied."

"Yes, I would. And? You had no right to do what you did. You betrayed me, Elle. I trusted you, and you did not value it."

"Excuse me."

"One of my faults is not to forgive easily. Do you know how an appointment with a psychologist is intimate?" I nodded. "That means I did not want to tell anyone. I already had told you not. I hated you," These words were sharper than a knife, and it cut my heart with incredible ease. It is okay that Ben did not love me as I wanted to, but I did not want him to hate me either.

"What is happening here? Elle, are you crying?" It was Ben's mother. I didn't notice when she approached.

"Mom, take me inside. If I drive my wheelchair myself, I can play it in front of a car. Ben snarled, turning the chair back to me.

"But what about Elle? We can't leave her like this."

"Mom!" Ben said furiously.

"You'll be fine?" I didn't answer. Of course, I wouldn't be well, not with that feeling that was the end that I caused this end.

"Mom!" He said again. His mother led him inside. Ben did not look back at any moment.

I felt useless. My footsteps were heavy. I was fifteen minutes of walk to my house, but it seemed that this walk would last forever. I walked with my head down, leaving a trail of tears on the way. People threw several curious glances in my direction.

The morning sun was burnt my skin, and I finally could smile when I got to the gate of my house. I would no longer have to deal with the curious looks. I could cry on my pillow without being disturbed, but I just to manage to get to the porch. I stood there for almost an hour crying; I had lost track of time. I entered in and went straight to my room. I grabbed my cell phone and called the only person that I could trust at a time like this. I insisted five times, she was in the classroom, but as a good friend, she has managed to answer my call.