Chapter 25

Elle

38th Day

I woke up to the sound of the shower on. As the water fell, I heard a song with it. Ben was no longer in bed. He sang an unknown song, in a tone, that I was sure did not fit into the song, but he seemed to be happy, and that made me happy too. I sat down and ran my hand through my hair. By the knot, I was sure it was not looking good. I ran to the mirror and looked at my face. I tried to minimize the appearance of my hair by combing her with my fingers.

"Elle, my dear, if you don't want to see me naked, I suggest you leave. I cannot dress in a bathroom."

Shit! I ran and waited in the hallway. I was relieved that no one had woken up yet. I expected until he said I could come in.

"Good morning!" Ben said with a smile.

"Good morning! Can I take a shower too?"

"I promise I will not spy you through the lock."

"Ben, early in the morning? Are you going to start teasing me already?"

"I do it because I love you."

"If you continue with this, I'll start thinking otherwise."

Ben provided a clean towel for me. I got my things in my backpack and went to take a shower. Through the blurred box, I could see Ben's chicken scratching. I smiled to myself as I read the phrase: I love you.

I took a shower, and I dressed any clothing that was in my backpack. I put on my glasses and went to Benjamin. I loved it when he greeted me with his silly smile, I longed that as time passed, and he would not forget to welcome me like that. I did not want his way of looking at me to change, and even his affectionate manner with me changed over time. Ah, the time! The one who took many couples to quarrel and it seemed that that beautiful love of the beginning did not exist anymore. As if, the effort that the guy or the girl made to win over the beloved became only a blur and treated the other with so much indifference. I sincerely hoped that this love of now would never be cold and that we would never treat each other aggressively, using the most many ugly words to hurt each other.

I snuggled in Benjamin's lap, hugging him.

"Now you leave the message written in the bathroom boxing?"

"It was pure coincidence. I did not even know you were going in there."

"It is not always that you can lie," I laid a kiss on his cheek, but Ben would not just accept a kiss on the cheek. He held it in my face, giving me one more kiss to crush my heart. Someone entered the bedroom, and I cringed with embarrassment.

"Mother! Don't come in without knocking!"

"Sorry Ben, I did not know Elle was here. Did she sleep here?" I wondered why she did not keep this question to herself.

"No," Ben replied naturally. "She has just arrived."

"Funny, I had not heard the intercom rang. I'll prepare breakfast," She said, and then, left the bedroom.

"Relax, my mother will not condemn you," Ben said taking off my hand that I was used to hiding my face.

I felt even more embarrassed when Ben's father smiled oddly at his son at the breakfast table. Ben responded, but he would do not let the sound out of his mouth.

"No. It's not what you're thinking," Ben was redder than I was. I just did not know if it was red of shame or anger. I barely ate. I did not like being the center of attention.

Already in the barbecue area, Ben left me for a minute alone and returned with a piece of chocolate cake on a plate over his lap.

"I realized you had not eaten anything. I brought this to you," I took the plate from his hand.