Marsha P.O.V

I woke up for work the next morning and applied some make-up, Rose got angry again with me last night, I hope that she will trust me to go in to work. I ate some breakfast and left the house. Part of me wanted to stay and tell her I won't leave her not even for work but part of me wanted to run and never look back.

I arrived and work and smelt a familiar smell, I went into the locker room to put on my uniform and as I glanced in the mirror on my locker door I saw her after all this time and she looked as beautiful as ever ...it was Chrissy. I stopped in my tracks and felt my eyes water, she turned round and  went to start work avoiding my eyes to say I was a little hurt was an understatement.

I went to the bathroom and washed my face before starting my shift which I was now late for so I would probably get an earful later from the boss (just what I needed when I had to be home as soon as I finished since Rose had a access to my rota). I went about my tasks for the day as if I didn't just see my ex, like I wasn't picturing every good moment we had together and all the moments I f**cked up. I wish she could read my mind and turn around and take me away where Rose would never find me. 

I went out for my lunch break to another cafe so I wouldn't bump into Chrissy and make her feel awkward. I ordered a peach ice tea and a cheese and ham toastie. When I had devoured the toastie I looked up and had to swallow my peach ice tea before I spat it out. Chrissy was walking towards me with a smoothie and a salad. I adjusted my posture and tried to controlling my breathing which went up several notches. She sat down and sighed. 

My eyes started to water so I looked down and took a sip of my drink to blink away any tears that would surely make me look weak in front of her. She reached forward and I flinched and moved my head away. Her eyes widened and she broke down in tears as if she'd seen something so bad in my eyes that she knew what I was going through. 

She got up slowly and moved towards me hesitantly and then he leaned in and hugged me but I tensed as she hugged a little too tight and pressed on my bruises covered by my uniform. She looked at my face for quite some time trying to suss me out and gasped. Damn!I didn't cover my face well and I even got a darker shade from one of the other girls at work. Chrissy was first to break the undeniable tension between us.

What happened? Who did this to you?

It's nothing I just dropped my phone on my face when I was watching a movie. I'm so clumsy. I let out a nervous laugh but it wasn't good enough to pass for Chrissy.

Marsha... I don't remember you being a liar, something is going on?

Just leave it please. We have to get back to work so can we just ...just drop it?

Chrissy opened her mouth as if she had a lot more to say but glanced at the clock and sighed and then nodded. Okay fine but we are discussing this another time.

We walked back to work in silence and then went off to our areas of the cafe. Another member of staff assisted me in training to work on the tills as I'd only been sweeping and taking orders so I let work over take my thoughts on everything else. The tasks were simple but I kept messing up because I didn't want to make a mistake and get shouted at but everyone was being supported and by the end of trial I was calmer and able to assist customers with their purchase without supervision.

Once my first day of the trial had finished I asked Chrissy to meet me at the cafe tomorrow and we can talk about it since it's during work hours I don't have to try make a lame excuse to Rose about being late. She agreed  and offered to buy lunch for me which I know was just an incentive to ease my nerves and open up to her. 

My manager pulled me in to the office from the locker room and I took a deep breath before entering the office.

Marsha I know it was your first day and you're getting used gaining experience here but I expect punctuality, however since you did well on your trail and I need staff then I will write a note on your file but I won't give you a warning. Just be on time. Yeah?

Yeah I'm sorry it won't happen again and thank you I will do better.

I hope you will. You can go now, see you tomorrow on time?

Definitely

I went home to tell Rose about me first day but when I opened the door. Rose looked furious lunging towards me and grabbing my hair. She threw me to the ground and slammed the front door behind me then went into the kitchen clattering about she came back in with a rolling pin. I begged her not to hurt me and I started to cry ...and then I passed out after the first couple of blows the my ribs.