Chapter 11: Cuts

****

A/N
hi it's been a while bc i got logged out for a bit.

ALSO THANK YOU FOR 1.52K READS. LIKE WHAT?? y'all acc like this? lmao
it's alSO MY BIRTHDAY TODAY SO HBD TO ME LMAO

but shorter chapter today, sorry yall

enjoy still !!

****
Monday, November 7, 2016 - 12:21pm

****

"Dove, Thomas, can I talk to you?" Thomas and I shared a knowing glance and we stood up, clutching each others hands. Most of our friends were watching us, worried yet curious.

We walked over to an isolated area of the set, and I had no idea where this was. "So. I've been thinking...and, I might cut out your guys' scene in the Curl Up & Dye. Only because you can sense the chemistry between you two through the camera. And normally that's a good thing, but we don't want the fans to assume there's something between your characters. You get what I'm saying right?"

Thomas and I glanced at each other for a second, before I looked away. "I get where you're coming from, but I really like that scene. And not because it's us two. I mean it as it subtly shows the viewers that something happened between them, and something significant."

"I agree sir," Thomas held my hand tighter. "it's more intimate, and not in the way you think the viewers will think."

"If I could suggest an idea, what if we just come up with a back story. You had us come up with our own for our characters, so why can't we do that with Mal and Harry?"

Kenny hesitated. "That's not a bad idea, but I'll think about it. Thanks you two." He started walking back towards the lunch room, and Thomas and I looked at each other with a sad look before following.

"Hey, what was that about?" Cameron was the first to ask when we both sat down.

"Y'know that scene I have with Thomas in the Curl Up & Dye?" At his nod I continued. "Well, Kenny is thinking about cutting it out."

"What? Why?" Sofia looked concerned.

"He says you can sense the chemistry Tommy and I have through the camera," I lightly smiled at Thomas' nickname. "he doesn't want fans to think the wrong thing about Mal and Harry."

"That's kinda annoying. Sorry you guys."

"Don't worry about it. It's not a big deal, it's just one scene. He's thinking about coming up with a back story for Mal and Harry to explain if someone asks. It's not guaranteed though."

Thomas noticed all the sympathetic looks we were getting. "Guys, don't worry. It's okay if they do cut it out. It's not a big deal." He removed his hand from mine and put it around my shoulders instead.

"Yeah, it's not. But if you were really excited for a scene and all of a sudden you can't do it or it won't make it, it's sad. It's like you put all this effort for nothing y'know? Don't forget we're actors too." Cameron looked at me dead on.

I just looked to the floor. I knew he was right and he knew I knew he was right.

I looked up and gave the best smile I could muster. "Thanks Cam."

"Well," China started. "we have a lot to practise. Come on!"

****