Chapter 5

Puck cut her off. "Of course you are...but are you better than Demeter?"

   Demeter inhaled sharply and sat up straight. How dare that fairy assume that a mere mortal girl was better then her? But she knew that Elizabeth was going to say no. I mean, the girl is so sweet, right?

   "Yes. Yes, I am better than Demeter."

   Suddenly, a strong wind came and the Goddess, Demeter, was standing in the middle of Puck's tree truck house. Elizabeth backed into a corner, trembling.

   "How dare you? How dare you say that you are better than I am? While you, are just a mere mortal!" Demeter's voice shook the house tree-house. "I have been watching you, Elizabeth Orange!" Her voice softened.

   "You have great talent but how dare you compare yourself to me?"

   Elizabeth opened her mouth to speak but Demeter cutted her off. "If you are truely as good as you say, then you will compete against me and whoever comes up with a perfect apple wins."

   "What happens when I win?" Elizabeth stood up and put her hands on her hips. Apparently, she had gained her confidence back.

   "Psh, we should be talking about what happens when you lose, sweetie." Demeter snorted. "If you lose...you will be punished severly."

   "That's it? That's all the foreshadowing i get? 'I will be punished severly'? "My mother can do better than that!" The young girl scoffed.

   "We shall see."