SO YOU WERE THE AMISS

#268 in SHORT STORY..
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH MY BEAUTIFUL READERS..

YEAR 2018

KHUSHI'S POV

You are joining me at the event tomorrow, Right? Aditya asked flashing his bright smile while I could just nod positively with my fake one.

I saw him walking towards me. Ofcourse who better than him knows me? He is such a sweetheart, so caring, so understanding and we have so much in common. He taught me how to fight with my inner demons and I learned that too because I had realised it to be reason for-for everything happened in the past. I don't want to repeat it again.

Coming closer to me he cupped my cheeks and asked lovingly- Why is my angel sulking today?

Yes, Angel.That's what I am for him.

Reason even I don't know.

I just hugged him tightly and that was enough to boost my weak self. A hug was all that I needed from him.I looked at him after coming out of the hug while he pecked my forehead lovingly.

But, Its nothing like you are assuming. We are not in a relation.

No,he is not my boyfriend. I do not love him. I simply couldn't.Even after two years of being each other's constant support we just couldn't fall in love. We are just one hell duo of Best Friends.

An example and ideal for true friendship.

Sometimes I don't understand why am I so helpless in loving any man the way once I used to love h-him.No body could ever take his place although I don't love him anymore.

After breaking up with him, I never get into any relation. May be I was afraid initially but even now I don't feel like having anyone in my life. I just don't know why but I don't think I will ever fall for anyone..l May be the aftereffect of a bitter relationship, although I am glad that, 'The no understanding relationship' that was becoming burden for both of us ended.I do not feel for him anymore but not for anyone else as well.

What the hell I don't possess in today's date?

Money, Power, Respect, Strength,  Position.I have everything to live a contended life but no,  I have no contentment. I have no peace. Everything seems to fu****g messed up, Hell ! Why?

Yes,  I am Khushi Gupta with a painful void in my heart and I have tried my best to make peace with it.

ARNAV'S POV

Honey, I am joining you for tomorrow's event right? Laila,  my brand new fling of two weeks cooed seductively on my neck while I could just glare that blonde.Parting her away from me, I replied coldly-

Laila,  I think I have already warned you not to use such endearments for me.

She gulped and quickly apologized while I could just dust away my Armani Suit.

It wasn't she who irked but my feelings.

Yes, everytime, with each single girl it happens.

I simply couldn't bear their sugary tone, endearment and behaviour. Hell! I could never even touch any of them, forget about a kiss or something more than that.

For world, they are called as my girlfriends but for me, they are just flings that too with whom I share nothing more than some cups of coffee and few dinner dates.

I could just never give any one of them, the tag of my girlfriend and its perks.

Even though, many of them were way more than perfect but my heart, my mind, my soul never allowed me to do so.

And the thing which irks me the most is that horrible feeling whenever I try to get close to any of the girl.

I-I feel like I am committing a Sin. As if,  Its not right to touch any of them in any way.

As if-As if, they are just not meant to be touched by me. I am not meant to touch any on them.

Everytime, I just back off leading to an end of the fling. It seems I am turning into a saint.It has been two years since I last touched a girl.

She-She was the first and the last girl I ever touched in many way and from then I don't feel like getting that close to anyone. Even though I dont love her anymore.

Although it isn't like we had crossed all the limitations. No,  Our closeness was restricted to a level only.

And now even if I can do that, I  can't.
Girls literally throw themselves on me. I even try to enjoy but then I just couldnt. Even though I no more love her, have no feelings for her. I just can't think about getting into a serious relationship, like I once had.

Ugh!  What the hell I don't  possess in today's date?

Money, Power, Respect, Strength, Position. I have everything to live a contended life but no, I have no contentment. I have no peace. Everything seems to fu****g messed up. Hell!  Why?

NEXT MORNING..

Khushi with Aditya reached to the resort where they are supposed to spent the coming one week of the event. It was a lavish 7 star resort especially for such high profile events.

Aditya was busy in meeting few of his clients while Khushi was roaming admiring the beauty of the place.

Like Arnav, Aditya was a CA too and this event was organised for the CA through out India. It was a great opportunity for them. Aditya had requested Khushi to join him and though she didn't want still she did.  So now she is here among all those CA's and their associates.

She was busy admiring an antique portrait when a sudden hustle bustle created. The mob ran towards entrance to welcome the most Successful CA who has arrived including Aditya who himself was no less but was no as equal as him.

He entered inside in his full aura meeting everyone with his stern expressions. Finally Aditya went towards him tagging Khushi along and he too was there only with his whatever, fling, The world called.

Mr. Raizada.He patted Arnav's shoulder who turned towards him and only shock surfaced his face along with Khushi.

Yes,  Indeed the most successful CA was none other than Arnav Singh Raizada.

They looked at each other initially painfully which then turned into happiness with smile on their faces clearing it to them the next moment when it struck both.

The void in their heart with which they had made peace with was no more there from the moment their eyes landed on each other.

It was filled with solace and pleasure. The could feel the absence of that void and peace filling it.

And hence, they stood like a rock at their place, wondering,  What do they need to do next.

To be continued..

So.. Thank you to all those who voted and commented on the previous chapter..

Do vote and comment if you liked it..