BACK TO SQUARE ONE

#130 in SHORT STORY..

Khushi really wanted to make him taste his own medicine. She wanted to give him a fitting reply but no she refrained herself from doing so.

Why?

Well, because she knows him in and out.She knows what would serve him better than a harsh reply and she would probably opt that instead of being rude like him.

But then it did hurt her to think that in the first meet in these two years he chose to make fun of her instead of saying something rather polite.

But what else do you want him to do Khushi? From no where her irrationale mind came up with this question which she hurriedly ignored and then pointing a finger towards him asked angrily as her mind had messed her earlier resolution again-

Are you mocking me Arnav?

Arnav was enjoying to see the old Khushi and chose to play along ignoring the fact that it might hurt her, yet again failing to see that its hurting her-

Why would I do that?

On a second thought.. (He pretended to think).. Umm, You,  Yourself are enough to do that. I don't need to take that liberty.

His voice suddenly turned angry unknown to even him startling Khushi.

Even he was unable to decipher why was he angry on her, may be, because she was looking stunning and breathtaking, may be because she was here with a man called Aditya who dared to call her Babe and My Khushi,may be because she tried to hide herself from him, may be because she was making him loose his self-control, may be because she was making his heart restless all over again like previous times or may be each and every point mentioned.

He was muddled up in his thoughts when suddenly Khushi gave him a hard, rough push and then shouted-

Why are you so rude and angry dammit? What the hell did I do? We-We are meeting after 2 years. Having a talk after 1 and half year, so please, tell me, why are you-you being a jerk?

Arnav held her hand when she was going to push him again and shouted on her face-

Woah.. Jerk and me?

No, Khushi, You screwd my mind by trying to hide yourself when I was approaching you. He chose one of the prompt option as for now.

I wasn't going to eat you up. I was just here for a normal, friendly talk. He said calmly this time.

But looks like it had already pissed her off who inturn just harshly declared-

And I don't want even that, You get that. You met me after two years and then from no where started intimading and making fun of me.
Do-Do I still like a silly joke to you? That stupid unnerved,  girlfriend of yours with whom you chose to break-up?

She finally-finally blurted it again cursing her big mouth while Arnav was looking at her with a stupified expression on his face.

He held her shoulders tightly when she made an attempt to leave and shouted-

What the hell are you saying dammit?
Where did it came from?

His anger instantly cooled down on seeing her quivering lips and that's when he saw her cheeks wetting with tears.He closed his eyes with guilt.He never intended to hurt her or make her cry.He was just here for a normal talk. He made fun as he used to do when they were together. He didn't realise that it may hurt her but now he did and was cursing himself. He realised that she is overwhelmed at the moment.

Seeing her red nose and cheeks due to crying evoked a dangerous desire within him and he cursed himself for even thinking something like that about his ex-girlfriend now friend and who is crying but instead of consoling her, its-its turning him On.

Strange and weird.

It-It never in the last two years and now suddenly in a very very weird situation, his manly desires are taking a forefront.

Damn! He composed himself and then asked politely-

Why?
Why did you try to hide?
Why didn't you wanted to talk?
We-We are friends.. Right?
Then why.. Khushi?

Khushi could see some kind of desperateness in him to get her answer and well she felt like agreeing to him.

Yes, she has been always like this, couldnt see him in distress but it pained her right in her heart.

But his next set of words yet again hurt her and she gave up the idea of giving him some peace by her answer.

And its not like I broke-up with you.We both did. We had a mutual break-up, then why the hell are you still stuck to it?

He smirked as a devil he is and asked teasingly-

Are you still grieving over it Khushi? That useless relation that was taking a toll on us?

Khi aisaa toh nhi ki tum mujhe bhool hi nhi pa rhi, aage badh hi nhi pa rhi? (Is it like you aren't able to forget me? Move on from me?

I.. I have to g-go.. Khushi shuddered and started wiggling.

Yes or No.. Khushi? Now that was the actual desperateness which was showing to know her answer.He had clutched her forearms really really tight and was shooting her for an answer.

Leave me Arnav.. She demanded with her red eyes.

No, she didn't expect to be this cruel but if she was thinking that he was being cruel now his next were ought be very mean and cruelest.

Whats the matter with you?
Or is it that the always possessive girl is back?
Did she prick you? He said pointing at Laila who was probably searching for him.

Are you jealous Khushi? This time his tone was challenging.

Khushi couldn't keep more quiet after feeling so much insulted by him. She at once shrugged his arms freeing herself from his hold starting him and herself as well for regaining so much of strength and then clutching his collar shouted at her face.It was indeed necessary to knock hee feelings in his egoist brain-

Excuse me!
You are over-assuming.
Well, Whatever,  I forgot that am talking to a self-centered, self-obsessed person.

Saying this Khushi ran from there with tears in her eyes.She wanted to say so many cruel and harsh things to him but she simply couldn't.She felt so helpless for that. She reached washroom and locking herself in there, she cried like forever.

Arnav stood still there with hurt and rage. He felt a tear pricking his eyes which he harshly wiped.

Khushi looked at her ownself in the mirror meaningly while Arnav too opened his eyes after controlling and calming himself.

I am glad we broke up, truly, there was nothing for us in that name-sake relationship.

These were the word which came out of their mouth generally and in unison at two different places. They were yet again hurt by each other and this was ultimately they could come up with but who knows whether it was their heart or mind which concluded that.

But right at this moment, after their confrontatio, their sane and insane talks and arguments,they were just simply back to square one.

To be continued..

Thank you to all those who voted and commented on the previous chapter..

Do vote and comment if you liked it..