Chapter 2-

Spencer

After the girls left, I curled up in the armchair, panicking over the words to say to explain to Toby and my parents. My cell buzzed, knocking me out of my reverie. I glanced at it, it was a text from Toby.

We still on for tonight? x

I stared at the screen, considering cancelling, but I knew that I had to tell him now. I quickly texted a reply and went upstairs to get ready. I didn't really care how I looked at the minute, so I pulled out the first things I saw, a pair of skinny jeans and a t-shirt. What would Toby say? I knew he wouldn't leave me to cope by myself, but that just made me feel more guilty. He was only seventeen, no one wants to be a dad at seventeen. I'd taken his whole life from him because of one stupid choice. And what about my parents? They would be so embarrassed by me, they were already so disappointed in me, I don't think they could take anymore. I breathed in slowly. I needed to talk to Toby, he was the only one who could make me feel okay again. I grabbed my keys off the table and started to drive to Toby's apartment. When I got there, Toby had everything prepared, an amazing looking dinner on the table, the fire going, candles, and flowers. It was too much. I looked at his smiling face as he walked towards me and wrapped his arms around me. I didn't even realise I was crying until Toby said, "Spencer, what's wrong? What happened?" He pulled back and looked down at my face, wiping at my tears with his thumb. "I need to tell you something," I said, voice shaking. "Okay, here sit down." He led me over to a chair, pulling a chair round the table to sit close beside me. His hand twined with mine, and he gave my hand a comforting squeeze. "What is it Spence? You can tell me anything, you know that. Whatever it is, we'll get through it together." I took a deep, steadying breath, looked up at his concerned face and whispered, "Toby, I'm pregnant."

Toby

I stared at Spencer, shock radiating through me as I struggled to make sense of what I'd just been told. Then, slowly, a smile spread over my face, and I reached over to Spencer, taking her hands. I looked at her tear-stained face and said, "Spencer, this doesn't change how I feel about you. Whatever you need I'll be there for you. We can deal with this, together, if that's what you want." Spencer said nothing, nodded, then flung herself into my arms, clinging to me as if I was going to disappear. I remained silent, just holding her. In my mind I knew it was wrong that I was so happy when she was so worried, but still, I was. I knew that Spencer was the one I wanted to spend my life with, and this only gave me one more person to love as much as her. I gently lifted Spencer's head up from my shoulder and leaned over, kissing her gently her soft red lips. "I love you," I said softly, and a small, wavering smile showed on her face. "I love you too." She leaned in, kissing me again. This time, I leaned into it, gently running my fingers through her hair. We broke apart, and she fell quickly asleep against my chest. I lifted her carefully, trying as best I could not to wake her, and carried her into the bedroom, laying her down on the bed. I gently tugged off her jeans and t-shirt and slid one if mine down over her head, then pulled the covers over her. I leaned over and kissed her forehead, "Goodnight, Spence." I walked back into the kitchen to fill a glass of water for Spencer, she usually woke up during the night for a drink, when my cell buzzed. I pulled it out and glanced at the screen, 1 new message. A feeling of dread came over me. I breathed out sharply, relief spreading through me as I read the message from work. Shaking my head, I walked back to the bedroom. If A wanted to keep messing with his family, he was going to protect them at all costs. I set the glass on the table before sliding in underneath the covers, lacing my fingers through Spencer's own. I closed my eyes, and quickly drifted to sleep.

**Thanks for reading guys, thanks a lot. Parents scene coming up next. Vote up if you like it! If not, feel free to abuse my amateurish writing skills in the comments :) Peace!**