THE DAUPHIN

I'm trying so hard to remember all that has happened last night, but all I could remember was me being bored in the party and on the piss. I couldn't remember how I got in the hotel and how Francis got here beside me.

"Good morning gorgeous," Francis greeted, "what has gotten you in such a deep thought this early in the morning?"

How did he know that? It's like he's reading my mind. We've only just met and he already knows me so well.

"You're blushing," he teased. His arms were still around me so I can't look away, so I just buried my face in his chest instead. His sweet scent just made me blush even more, if that's even possible.

What's wrong with me? I'm becoming this cheesy, idiotic school girl who is crushing on the hottest guy in school. This isn't me, France is bringing out the worst in me, back in London I am always calm and collected but now I am out of control.

"I love this side of you," Francis said.

"What side of me?" my voice is muffled under his chest.

"The vulnerable and carefree side," he answered. This made me look up, and when I did he planted a soft and gentle kiss on my lips. We stayed like that for a moment, and then he started to untangle himself from me and stood up, picking up his clothes on the floor and putting it on.

"Where are you going?" I asked, still a bit dazed from what just happened.

"We have a tour to go to. Now hurry up and get dressed, and I will wait for you in the lobby after I change, myself, and we can go get breakfast and be on our way to the castle afterwards," he said, and gave me a smack on the lips before he left.

Castle, we're going on a castle?

"Clara," I called out. She was instantly at the door.

"Whoa! Mary, where are your clothes?"

I realized I was only wearing underwear, my dress is on the floor. I grabbed the sheets and covered myself up. Clara was on the verge of laughing.

"Why didn't you tell me I was going on a castle tour with Francis today?"

Her face sobered up immediately, "I'm sorry Mary but I didn't know as well, it says in your schedule that it's your free day. Do you want me to cancel the tour?"

"No, thank you, it's fine."

"Ok then, I'll call the lobby to send you some breakfast and coffee."

"No," I said almost immediately, "I'll be going to have breakfast with Francis."

Her face lit up, "okay then," she said as she walked out the door cheerfully.

After hours of getting ready, I meet up with Francis at the lobby. He was wearing a white shirt and black jeans that fits him in just the right places. He looks so bloody gorgeous.

"So what is so important that you have disturbed me on my holiday?" I said to Francis as we are riding his car to this so called castle he's been talking about.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to disturb you. I asked Clara last night about your schedule for today and she told me you were free; and I just wanted to show you the castle where Francis and Mary used to live."

"Why?"

"Because last night you were so sad, and you said you regret coming to France, and I wanted to show you that there is more to France than what meets the eye, it's not as bad as you think Mary," he explained.