THE TRUTH

"Good morning gorgeous," a familiar voice whispered softly in my ear.

I wasn't ready to get up yet so I just dismissed the voice and covered my face with a pillow, smelling that scent that has now became so familiar to my system.

Before I could even protest, soft kisses were planted on my bare back which send chills down my spine. This definitely made me fully awake now. When I opened my eyes, Francis was flashing me his gleaming smile.

"Hello there gorgeous," greeted Francis, "look, I ordered us breakfast," he gestured to the table outside on his balcony. "Come on, let's eat while it's hot. Don't forget, we still have a five-hour drive back to Paris."

"Uuuuugh!" I whined, as I got up and put on Francis' shirt.

"Have I told you how gorgeous you look on my shirt?" he said as he looks at me from head to toe, grinning from ear to ear.

After breakfast we headed back to Paris, the drive was long but it wasn't that much of a bother, I didn't mind very much at all because I was with Francis; we talked, joked, and made fun with each other the whole journey back.

When we arrived at the hotel it was just time for lunch, the opening of the museum doesn't start 'til 3:00, I still have enough time to get ready.

"Mary, it's so nice to see you again. I already ordered your lunch and booked you a salon appointment," Clara said and gave me a warm hug after I got up my room. "So, how was your trip with Francis?" she asked enthusiastically.

"Oh, it was fine, the castle was amazing, and Francis gave me a tour all over the castle grounds. The experience was so wonderful."

"So, how was Francis?" she inquired with a mischievous grin on her face.

"He's fine, I guess, although, I suspect he's a bit tired from driving," I answered plainly.

"No not that, what I meant is, how are you and Francis?"

"That's for me to know, and you to find out," I replied.

"Oh! Come on Mary, you're wicked," she said pleadingly.

"Sorry, no time to chat, have to get ready," I stood up and left her there on the lunch table, disappointed. The truth is, I don't know the answer, myself. Francis told me he loved me even before he met me, but I'm not sure, myself, how I'm feeling towards him. Yes, I like him but am I ready to fall in love with him? Am I ready to be in something I never believe in before—a relationship? There's a lot of questions in my mind that even I don't have the answer to.

I started to get ready for the museum opening. I made extra effort for Francis, I was already so excited to see him.

I can't fight this whole new side of me surfacing, so might as well give in to it. There is no harm in opening my heart again is it? Francis already has, why not do the same to him either, right? But am I really ready to let my guard down?

The ringing on the telephone woke me up from my train of thoughts.

"Bonjour Mademoiselle Mary, Monsieur Lance is already here waiting for you," the man in the hotel lobby said.

"Oh, please tell him I would be down in a few minutes."

Oh my gosh! I haven't realized the time, I'm already running late.