Chapter Three

"Do you guys have everything you need?" Pidge asked. She and Keith helped Hunk load the last of the supplies into the yellow lion.

"Yup, I think that's everything!" He said cheerfully looking at the crates of supplies and provisions stacked together.

"Except for Lance," Keith said cheekily looking around the hanger for the blue paladin.

"I don't blame him, he and Shiro are basically in the honeymoon phase of their bonding right now," Hunk commented as they walked out of Yellow to stand in the hanger.

"I know, its weird though isn't it?" Pidge asked. Hunk raised a brow at her in question.

"Him not being the clingy one," She clarified. Before Hunk could answer her the hanger doors slid open and Lance and Shiro walked out and towards them. Lance was staring straight ahead, while Shiro trailed behind him, puppy eyes targeted towards him.

"Can't you stay on the ship? We could send Keith or Pidge with Hunk?" Shiro's suggestion met their ears and they sent a playful smirk towards Lance. He sighed but didn't look annoyed towards the leader. He knew that he was just being protective of him. They stopped beside the three of them and Lance turned to Shiro with a fond look on his face but you could see the determination in his eyes.

"Babe, as much as I love you fawning over me like this; I'm still a paladin of Voltron and I still have to complete missions," he sighed.

"Yes, but," Shiro tried to intervene but Lance stopped him by pressing a finger to his lips.

"Nope, besides its just a supply run mission, what could possibly go wrong?" he asked smoothing his palm down the side of Shiro's face. He pouted at him but pressed his cheek into the hand.

"Alright, we'll be on standby until the two of you get back, call if you need anything," he relented holding both of his hands in his own.

"Okay, I'll be back soon," Lance promised before dragging the man down and pecking him on the lips. He turned and hurried into the lion after Hunk. Keith, Pidge, and Shiro waved at the lion as it shot down the tunnel towards the exit.

"Let's go," Pidge grunted dragging Shiro in the direction of the bridge.

"I'm coming," he laughed letting her drag him away by the sleeve.

______________________________________________________

"Wow," Lance breathed watching the scenery unfold in front of them. He leaned over the back of Hunk's chair to look at the sparkling blue water fly underneath them.

"They didn't tell us it would be so pretty," Hunk said amazed. In the distance, they could see the city coming closer. At first glance it looked like an ordinary city, houses and building lined up on streets, but as they got closer they noticed an enormous temple towering behind the city in the distance.

"Whoa, what the heck is that?" Lance asked staring at the structure.

"Maybe they worship Gods? Like in Greece and stuff?" Hunk suggested. Lance shrugged and leaned back.

"Oh hey, look," Hunk said drawing his attention back over. He could see several little figures waving at the lion as they drew nearer. In fact it looked like a line of them, leading them into the centre of the city.

"I guess we know where we're landing," they followed the line and ended up closer to the end of the city in front of the temple. Carefully, Hunk touched down and opened Yellow's jaw to allow the locals to begin unloading the supplies in it's mouth. As they walked past the supplies they each picked up a crate and carried it out. Hunk hefted one up and walked out, while Lance tried to find one that wouldn't be too wide for his arms.