drifting

Kiarahs p.o.v

weeks passed, and I began eating less and less. The thing keeping me going was the comfort of knowing that one day I would be skinny.

One day I wouldn't be the largest person in my class.

I'd be happy.

I'd be proud of my body.

My parents got a scale for no apparent reason, so I began weighing myself.

currently I weighed 124.4 lbs. still too large a number.

"Still not something to be proud of."

whispered a venomous voice as I thought about my weight.

I was currently in French class, a class where no one cared to try.

The lights were off, and nobody was sitting near me,

giving me perfect cover to let a single tear streak my cheek.

I put my head in my hands. "It's okay. You will be proud soon enough."

The voice came back again, giving me determination and hope.

------------------------------------------

When the bell rang, I jolted from my thoughts.

It's lunch. great.

I slowly sit up out of my chair and stretch. Everyone had left, so I walked out the door.

With my head down, I barreled into what I assumed to be a wall.

looking up, somewhat irritated, I realized that, in fact, it was a person.

Sending a glare in their direction, I walked away.

Am I really that invisible??

"Yes."

I walked on, ignoring the negative voice that appears constantly in my head.

stopping at my locker, I'm almost tempted to grab my lunch and eat.

But no, its been a month since I last ate and I have been doing great. I had been losing weight.

Today I was going to my grandma's for a family reunion.

That meant I'd have to eat.

Food.

Gross.

I spun sharply away from my locker. Too fast. My head felt light. Then I realised I was going to faint.

No no no NO. Not here!

I backed up against the wall, leaning against it for support.

I slid slowly down to the cold floor, trying to get the spots splayed across my vision to disappear.

familiar voices called to me, but they were so distant that I could barely hear them.

it was as if I was in a tunnel, unable to see but able to hear voices from the other end.

"Are... okay?" Someone said next to me. "Wha... what?" I said, in a haze.

"Are you okay?" The voice repeated, more clear to me.

"yeah." My voice quivers as I speak.

I look up to see the doubtful face of one of my best friends, Ethan.

His brown eyes hold worry. "I'm fine." I say, louder and more confident.

I turn and walk away, towards the area where we hang out every lunch.

I don't need to hear his footsteps to know that he is following me.

I can feel his accusing stare on my back the whole way.

Okay guys. Really sorry for the long delay. SOME PEOPLE (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) read my book when I didnt want them to (stalkers) and I felt discouraged to write again. But writing makes me happy, and I will not let them keep me from being happy. To all the OTHER people, thank you so much and sorry for the delay and short chapters.