family issues

Kiarahs p.o.v

After I finished getting ready, I walked down stairs and joined everyone else,

making sure my smile was realistic. I smiled and greeted everyone.

I admired the decorating that had been done. it was beautiful.

The walls were bombarded with sparkles (most likely from my little cousin, Riley.) and banners.

many people gave me strange looks, like they didn't know who I was.

I didn't care.

I didn't care about much anymore.

but I didn't let them drag me down. I walked towards my moms frantically waving figure

and stood beside her. Standing across from her was my first cousin, Jarred.

at sixteen he didn't look to bad. the last time I had seen him, he had called me porkchop multiple times and had

thrown pillows at me. He appeared to not have any interest whatsoever in the reunion.

Or me. "You remember my daughter, your cousin, Kiarah, right?" My Møm asked happily. The look of disinterest on his

face changed into that of awe.

"Yes. But she has changed quite a lot since I last saw her..." He eyed me oddly for a few moments.

My Møm broke the awkward silence with "well, I will go help your father at the snack table and you can get to know another again."

She walked off, smiling at anyone she saw. "Oh, and be nice! he will be staying with us for a few months!"

My Møm called over shoulder at me, making the 'be nice' very clear.

I turned back to my cousin and noticed he was starring at me.

"What?" I said, annoyed.

"you're... just... a lot different." He says with a slight smile.

"I could say the same for you, Jarred." I look at his shaggy black hair and two snake bite lip piercings as well as his skinny, lean figure.

He was hot. He wore black straight cut jeans and a leather jacket.

Three years ago, he had been the awkward, loud and obnoxious teenager that I had despised.

Now, he was HOT.

He noticed me glancing over him and smirked.

"Like what you see?" he whispered as he leaned forward.

I shivered at his breath on my neck.

I snapped out of the trance when he pulled back and went to the snack table, without giving me another glance.

I reminded myself that he was my cousin... Well, not by blood, since he was adopted...

but all the same it was WRONG for me to be attracted to him....

wasn't it??

I turned to find someone else to talk to and tried to clear my head.

I spotted Blake, my best friend standing next to his mother, Sandy.

"Blake!!" I yelled as I ran into his arms. "oh my gosh!! what the hell are you doing here!? I missed you so much!!"

I hugged him tight, trying to make sure he was really here. I was assured he was here by his adorable chuckle.