Eight

A/N: It's my birthday, so here's a chapter as a present for myself. Love you guys!

Jen and I sat in my hotel room after our first day at comic con. We had ordered pizza and we were talking about people she'd dated. Somehow, she got onto the subject of people liking me, and according to her, none other than Jared Gilmore fit that

"I swear, Jared likes you!" She exclaimed.

"Jared does not like me." I replied, shaking my head.

"'Is that Emma's jacket?' 'Yeah.' 'It looks good on you.' He totally likes you. I'll get the couple over here to help me. He totally likes you." She mimiced Jared's voice, them mine, then his again before speaking normally again.

"No, he doesn't like me. I don't like him. We're just friends." I protsted.

"Come on, Hope. I've been wearing that jacket for years and he never once cared. You put it on and he's staring at you." She argued.

"Maybe he was kind of confused. He was probably wondering how it got to America when it's supposed to be in Canada." I suggested.

"Or he likes you." She continued arguing.

"You're such a child." I groaned, laying back in bed.

She knocked on the wall, and Lana yelled at her. "What do you want, Jen?" Lana knew it was my room, but Jen was the only one who'd just randomly bang on the wall.

"Come here, we have gossip!" Jen yelled back. She didn't reply, but about ten seconds later, there was a knock on the door, and both Lana and Bex were at the door.

"Bex, fix your shirt." Jen said. Bez looked down and groaned to see it was on backwards. She went into the bathroom to change while Lana sat down on the bed and grabbed a slice of our pizza.

"So, what happened?" Bex asked, coming back out to sit next to her girlfriend.

"Jen thinks Jared likes me." I groaned.

"He does." Lana agreed.

"Yep, he told you Emma's jacket 'looked good on you'. He sees that thing every single week, for at least a day." Bex said.

"Why though? He just met me!" I asked.

"Look in a mirror." Bex rolled her eyes.

"I prefer not to stare at bruises." I said.

"But even with them, you're beautiful." Jen said.

"You have to say that, you're my mom." I argued.

"I don't, I'm brutally honest. You're really pretty." Bex claimed.

"She is, she always tells me when I look stupid." Lana teased.

"I do. And she's my girlfriend." Bex agreed.

"So he likes me because he thinks I'm pretty? Nothing to worry about then." I sighed.

"Nope, he met you last night, he watched from a distance, he was listening, he saw how smart and funny you are." Lana said.

"I hate you all, now I have to be awkward, I can't do not awkward when someone likes me." I groaned.

"Do you like him?" Lana asked.

"No! I rarely ever like guys." I shook my head, trying not to blush.

"You like him!" Jen exclaimed.

"I hate girl talk." I sighed. They laughed and Jen began asking them a ton of questions about their relationship. I leaned my head on her shoulder, ignoring the conversation. I felt Jen's arms wrap around me, pullling me into her lap. I lay my head on her chest and closed my eyes. She kissed the top of my head, stroking my hair with one hand and keeping the other wrapped tightly around me.

"Tired?" She asked quietly. I nodded, yawning. She laughed, and Bex and Lana said their goodbyes, then left us to sleep. Jen slowly moved me off her lap and onto the bed, amd started to leave.

"Jen?" I called after her.

"Yeah, babe?" She asked.

"Stay with me?" I asked quietly.

"Sure." She agreed. She came back over, layed next to me and wrapped me in her arms. She kissed the top of my head and whispered, "I love you." In my ear, right before I drifted off.