Chapter 7

LAURA’S POV

I was watching Good Luck, Charlie with the boys when Stomie asked me if I could call Ross and Rydel for dinner. As I was on the last stair, I heard Rydel scream something, but I didn’t hear what. Something is wrong with Ross, really wrong, because Rydel never yells. I’ll talk to him.

I knocked on Ross’ door and waited, Rydel opened the door after a while with a worried look, I looked at her smiling.

“Guys, dinner is ready” I said.

“I’m not hun--“ Ross started but was interrupted by Rydel.

“OH YEAH, WE’RE COMING!” She said really loud. I started to laugh.

“Ross, can you tell me what happened? Why did you come home?” I asked hoping he would answer the truth, I mean, we always say the truth to each other. Rydel and him exchanged a worried look, what’s happening?

“You don’t need to answer, Ross” I said. But I really wanted to know! C’mon, we always told everything to each other!

“NO, we always tell each other everything. I came home because I needed water, and we didn’t bring water to the beach. When I came home I was tired so I took a shower and slept, I wasn’t in the mood to go to the beach again.” I wasn’t sure if what he said was true, but he never lies to me, so I believed.

“Oh, okay. You should have told me, I would come with you” I said.

“Oh yeah? But you were too busy---“ Ross was interrupted again by Rydel.

“YOU WERE TOO BUSY HAVING FUN! YEAH, LET’S EAT!” Rydel said louder than the last time, almost screaming!

“Yeah” Ross said.

ROSS’ POV

I was so lucky Rydel was in the room with me and Laura, for the first time I liked being interrupted.

Laura sat by my side at dinner, and everybody glanced at us a few times. My gosh! They could disguise, but no, they have to be this obvious!

“Why are you looking at us like that?” Laura asked. I looked at her and felt like I was lost, why can’t I even look at her?! Damn!

“Let me guess. You guys are eating, Ross and Laura are sitting next to each other and everybody is looking at them.” My dad said entering the kitchen. We all laughed and greeted him.

“Hey Ross’ girl!” He said hugging Laura. I blushed and looked at Laura. She was laughing and blushing, it was so cute!

“Hey father in law!” She said laughing. Everybody laughed, I smiled. I know she was kidding, and it kills me, because she should be mine!

My father sat down and started to eat with us. We talked and laughed, but honestly, most of the time I was staring at Laura. I can’t help myself, she’s perfect. Why can’t I stop looking at her?!

Soon, we all finished eating and Laura went home. I missed her already. What’s happening to me? I can’t be in love with Laura, but I know I am, and I just can’t change that. And I hope she’ll be mine, because…

I need her.